200mph on a 240 Tire

bobk

Registered
I posted this question on the turbo forum but have only had 57 views so I thought I would ask here as well. I have a 240 Pirelli Z & W rated which is good for sustained 168 mph so the tire can handle over 200 mph for a short time. There have been some question as to whether the 240 tire on an RC Components rear rim will grow at that speed to the point where it might start loosening on the wheel causing loss of control which I obviously wouldn't like. I have gone 185 on gps without issue but 200 and over is another thing.

If it's rated for the same as a 190, i don't see why not. I wouldn't do any LSR racing with it though.

Why not get the tires made for that kind of speed and go 250 mph
cool.gif
If I say it will and it won't and comes apart you won't be in my face for a rebate! Only MLadin can ride one out @ those digits and go again. Why would you want to try
beerchug.gif
lurk.gif

IF you want to go 200 plus, you REALLY need to contact both the Tire Manufacture (of your choice) and the wheel maker ! At sustained speeds above 150 mph there's alot more going on than YOU  
tounge.gif
just staying on the Bike
winkold.gif
. Just go to Bonnie and watch those guys and you'll see ALL the prep that has to be done  
beerchug.gif

I found my list.. the tires are tested at substantially higher speeds.. the W is tested to 240 Mph but is not rated for that.

SPEED RATING (SUSTAINED SPEED)
R = 106 mph
S = 112 mph
T = 118 mph
H = 130 mph
V = 150 mph
W = 168 mph
Z = 150 + (Contact Manufacturer)

Back