Anyone ever owned or rode RC51

gunmetalbusa

Registered
A couple of these around here. Everytime I see them they are pulling these nice smooth wheelies in what I would guess is their 1 to 2 shift. Must be torquey and light. Anyone ridden one, they look fun, I wish I could master the power wheelie on my Busa.

Never...

DSC02807.jpg

DSC02804.jpg

DSC03238.jpg

DSC02802.jpg

DSC05273.jpg

Whats the acceleration comparison like between the 51 and the Busa? They must be really easy to get the front end up, then again, I'm trying on my Busa at 5000 feet.

Japanese Ducati. Same Bore x Stroke. Very popular track rides and practically a dime a dozen.

It doesn't compare to the busa. The bike is a fun ride, it has it's pros and cons like all bikes and it depends on what type of riding you are going to do. The two above are my neighbors and I have riden them several times. I was considering one as a track bike.

Awsome looking, but the most god awfull uncomfortable ride ive ever been on. I was going to buy one of these before I bought the busa........then I rode it.

(gunmetalbusa @ Apr. 21 2007,20:43) Whats the acceleration comparison like between the 51 and the Busa?  They must be really easy to get the front end up, then again, I'm trying on my Busa at 5000 feet.
I also live at 5000 ft......big loss in power compared to sea level
sad.gif
I can't wait to move lower in elevation. Exhaust/intake mods and gearing help tho.....

Back