1667162938863.gif

WALK AWAY….

Diesel is $1.56 more than petrol per gallon

Or in simpler terms

Petrol is £1.66x4.54x$1.15. = $8.74 per UK Gallon

4.54 litres to one Imperial gallon
US may have bigger cars and truck , UK has bigger gallons :D

Diesel costs $10.23 per UK gallon

Gotcha, diesel is way more expensive than hi test gas here too, about a dollar more per gallon. I’m paying just under $6 a gallon here for 91 octane.

I'm sure they will just ramp up production or force opecs hands. Luckily we got the fields off and it's our largest ever crop in saskatchewan history if a diesel shortage happened during harvest my God.

But people think covid and Russia are scary running out of diesel would kill millions.... diesel is the blood running through every countries road systems without diesel we die.
Yep your reserves and our Dakota reserves equal more than all of KSAs reserves. We can't turn it on in 2 months, but we can do it pretty quickly. All of those wells are in place that were just shuttered.

And probably come in far cheaper than the $1T we've given Ukraine without blinking an eye.

I'm sure they will just ramp up production or force opecs hands. Luckily we got the fields off and it's our largest ever crop in saskatchewan history if a diesel shortage happened during harvest my God.

But people think covid and Russia are scary running out of diesel would kill millions.... diesel is the blood running through every countries road systems without diesel we die.
It's precisely the "forcing their hands" that will not work much longer. KSA is making purposeful steps in disconnecting from the Petrodollars. They needed us to buy as much as we needed to buy from them. They needed our currency. That's going to cease soon.

Thanks Unca Joe! You did in less than 2 years that what had been working for 50+ years.

Just brilliant!!!

Global refining capacity declined for the first time in 20 years in 2020, and again in 2021as the pandemic weakened margins, accelerated refinery closures, and motivated conversions to biofuels or distribution terminals. A record 3.8 million barrels per day (mb/d) of gross atmospheric crude distillation capacity closed between 2020 and mid-2022.

•Constricted crude distillation capacity and reduced petroleum product exports from Russia and China have driven refinery margins to record levels. Product markets are currently fraught as refinery utilization across most regions are at maximum, inventories are low, and new capacity is months or years away. Refining margins for key products ballooned in the summer of 2022 to a record $35-50/bbl compared to the normal $10/bbl – underscoring the severe bottlenecks in the sector.

•Russia and China are the primary two countries that have available refining capacity, but sanctions limit Russia’s exports and domestic policies limit China’s. Russia was the world’s largest exporter of fuel oil and heavy feedstocks, but sanctions and embargos have displaced nearly 3 mb/d of products that are not easily rerouted. Chinese product exports are down 30% from 2019 levels as the government has strategically shifted to prioritizing domestic markets.

•Product markets will likely remain very tight until mid-decade. More than 2 mb/d in net capacity is scheduled to come online by end-2023, but history shows delays and operational challenges could stall progress. These are likely the last major, greenfield, fuel-oriented, refineries to be built as the energy transition will limit the need for conventional refinery capacity in the future.

•In both the short-term and medium-term, the balance for fuel markets will be fragile. Any unexpected, prolonged refinery outage could cause high and volatile prices. There will no =tbe significant extra capacity, nor any significant projects coming online. This underscores the need to maintain robust inventories and contingency plans for supplies.Medium-term outlook•High refining margins in the past led to more investment, but that is not occurring now. The expectation that the energy transition could make refineries stranded assets has deterred investment. The last major greenfield fuel refineries are likely FID’d and will come onstream in the next few years.•

Downstream refining capital expenditures will need to reach $190 bn through 2030 for upgrades to refining capacity, petrochemical feedstock buildouts, and sustaining existing assets. This is down nearly 50% from pre-COVID levels and will likely be met. Meanwhile, investments in petrochemical complexes and downstream decarbonization efforts are set to rise.

Global refining capacity declined for the first time in 20 years in 2020, and again in 2021as the pandemic weakened margins, accelerated refinery closures, and motivated conversions to biofuels or distribution terminals. A record 3.8 million barrels per day (mb/d) of gross atmospheric crude distillation capacity closed between 2020 and mid-2022.

•Constricted crude distillation capacity and reduced petroleum product exports from Russia and China have driven refinery margins to record levels. Product markets are currently fraught as refinery utilization across most regions are at maximum, inventories are low, and new capacity is months or years away. Refining margins for key products ballooned in the summer of 2022 to a record $35-50/bbl compared to the normal $10/bbl – underscoring the severe bottlenecks in the sector.

•Russia and China are the primary two countries that have available refining capacity, but sanctions limit Russia’s exports and domestic policies limit China’s. Russia was the world’s largest exporter of fuel oil and heavy feedstocks, but sanctions and embargos have displaced nearly 3 mb/d of products that are not easily rerouted. Chinese product exports are down 30% from 2019 levels as the government has strategically shifted to prioritizing domestic markets.

•Product markets will likely remain very tight until mid-decade. More than 2 mb/d in net capacity is scheduled to come online by end-2023, but history shows delays and operational challenges could stall progress. These are likely the last major, greenfield, fuel-oriented, refineries to be built as the energy transition will limit the need for conventional refinery capacity in the future.

•In both the short-term and medium-term, the balance for fuel markets will be fragile. Any unexpected, prolonged refinery outage could cause high and volatile prices. There will no =tbe significant extra capacity, nor any significant projects coming online. This underscores the need to maintain robust inventories and contingency plans for supplies.Medium-term outlook•High refining margins in the past led to more investment, but that is not occurring now. The expectation that the energy transition could make refineries stranded assets has deterred investment. The last major greenfield fuel refineries are likely FID’d and will come onstream in the next few years.•

Downstream refining capital expenditures will need to reach $190 bn through 2030 for upgrades to refining capacity, petrochemical feedstock buildouts, and sustaining existing assets. This is down nearly 50% from pre-COVID levels and will likely be met. Meanwhile, investments in petrochemical complexes and downstream decarbonization efforts are set to rise.

New refineries are unlikely to be built in the United States due to daunting environmental standards and policies that the Biden administration has been implementing to reduce petroleum product consumption in the future. Shockingly high prices for energy is the outgrowth of those policies.Jun 13, 2022
https://www.google.com/search?q=3+d...ndroid-google&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

And in 3 months time, 2 diesel refineries have burst into flames. One in Indiana and one in Ohio.

Yet another in Houston is just being shut down. I'd be using the Defense Production Act to make some attitude adjustments to get them back online.

So just to bring us back from the edge a little... It was reporting that there are 25 days of diesel fuel left if we were to stop producing today...... There is still production currently being done so we have AT LEAST 25 days should the entire diesel production stop. We are at the lowest levels since the 1950's but we do have fuel.

NOW with that said.....

Get ready for sky high prices, as we enter the winter and the NE uses diesel for heating we have to be ready to pay at the pump. It is going to get more expensive for those that heat with diesel, truckers, farmers and construction.

I am not a smart man but if I were to lay out a plan for inflation I might have focused on the top down, I would have spent some time in reducing the cost of diesel. 70% of farmers use diesel and they are going to pass the cost to the consumer, virtually all over the road truck drivers use diesel and they are going to pass the cost to the consumer. So while we reduced the cost of gasoline for the consumer we did nothing to stop the constant trickle down for the supply chain.

At this point, the question should be for everyone is how do I make it through this as cheaply as I can.

CAp

So just to bring us back from the edge a little... It was reporting that there are 25 days of diesel fuel left if we were to stop producing today...... There is still production currently being done so we have AT LEAST 25 days should the entire diesel production stop. We are at the lowest levels since the 1950's but we do have fuel.

NOW with that said.....

Get ready for sky high prices, as we enter the winter and the NE uses diesel for heating we have to be ready to pay at the pump. It is going to get more expensive for those that heat with diesel, truckers, farmers and construction.

I am not a smart man but if I were to lay out a plan for inflation I might have focused on the top down, I would have spent some time in reducing the cost of diesel. 70% of farmers use diesel and they are going to pass the cost to the consumer, virtually all over the road truck drivers use diesel and they are going to pass the cost to the consumer. So while we reduced the cost of gasoline for the consumer we did nothing to stop the constant trickle down for the supply chain.

At this point, the question should be for everyone is how do I make it through this as cheaply as I can.

CAp
And Cap to be fair they are also attempting to divert some tankers of diesel to the U.S. But the fact remains we are now reduced to about 20ish days of reserves. We are not making up for the deficit, we are just elongating the time until we are at zero. We could completely stop using diesel, and we could slowly build our reserve time up again. But as you pointed out this is not the time of the year we can expect that to happen. People are going to need heat this winter. They can't heat with empathy.

And Cap to be fair they are also attempting to divert some tankers of diesel to the U.S. But the fact remains we are now reduced to about 20ish days of reserves. We are not making up for the deficit, we are just elongating the time until we are at zero. We could completely stop using diesel, and we could slowly build our reserve time up again. But as you pointed out this is not the time of the year we can expect that to happen. People are going to need heat this winter. They can't heat with empathy.

How could we possibly "completely stop using diesel"?

We won't be off diesel for a long long time. When I look at the situation I try to stay out of the politics because there is a lot of blame to go around. My focus is to always speak the facts and let the viewer come to their own conclusion... People are just ignorant to many of the day to day facts of how the world turns.

It was rhetorical. We can never stop using it. I could however see the railroads who hold big fuel reserves tell the trucking industry, sorry we need all we have, you can't have any of ours. So yeah that could hugely cut consumption. And the railroads could do a lot more transporting of goods at pretty much whatever price they chose to. Until a government with a spine stepped in. Doubtful that would happen quickly. But you make people go thru the winter without heating oil and the government will have a much bigger problem than the railroads to deal with.

My neighbor who just had a fuel tank put in at his hanger has just decided to have that 500 gallons filled with diesel instead of Avgas.

He needs his diesel truck to have fuel more than his plane for the time being.

Things are getting frosty!

If the diesel 'runs out', trains stop, tractor trailers stop, local deliveries stop, the U.S stops moving, the western world and Europe quickly follow, the citizens riot and attack one another, because most of the food has been bought and looted within a few days.
Martial Law would go into effect, the Military would be policing streets.
Last summer's 'summer of peace' will look that way compared to what's to come.
In the meantime, all the smug idiots with ev's will be learning some hard truths, lol.
There is no way any world government leaders would allow this to ever happen, given the catastrophic results that would follow...unless that's their plan.
Regardless, given the state of the world, keeping your vehicles full of fuel, a stash of food and water, self protection(firearms), your residence as secure as possible, and some sort of plan if you need to go.
We could very well see some uncomfortable short term situations.
It's always good to have a plan, but in dire situations, you'll have to do what you have to do.
Too many unprepared people would panic, and turn on one another.
Am I worried? Nope
Whatever is to be will be.
I refuse to be concerned over a bunch of worthless politicians that we have no control over. And if I was...then they Would have control over me...not happening.
Let's go Brandon!
Eat the rich..... Motörhead

Back