2-Up Riding??

phierce

Registered
The only way I can pull off getting another bike is to get one for "both of us"

Looking for some feedback from those of you that ride 2-up....

How comfortable is the Busa for 2-up riding/touring?
Will passengers be complaining after 100 miles?
What mods would be needed to make their life on the road more comfortable?

I know there are a lot of other bikes that would be a better choice for 2-up riding but as much as i tell her that it's for "us" you know it's really for me
laugh.gif

Latah.....

Even though the Hayabusa has a generous pillion, it isn't exactly all day comfort. Some members add/ fabricate back rests and you could get a gel insert. Have your wife sit on the pillion and let her make the decision.

xxx.jpg

Buy a Corbin!!!
They make a pillion seat with removable backrest.
The rest color matches your bike.

My wife loves it . . . she can ride all day!
Which seeing as I have over 80,000 miles on my '02
Can be a long day indeed!

pirate.gif
 Raider out.
P1536

My wife used to last a day on it. She finally got her own ride so now I don't have to worry about it.

Took a buddie's wife out for a day ride a couple of times and she never complained.

--Wag--

The wife and I did a little over 700 miles in one day on the busa and she said the first 550 weren't bad, but the last 150 or so sucked and no, she never bitched.
bowdown.gif

We bought a set of blue tooth headsets for the helmets and I stopped whenever she wanted to stretch her legs.

My wife never complained on our rides. We put 600 miles on the bike in a weekend. We have the chatterbox intercom too, so it was nice to be able to talk to her, and her you. This could make a huge difference in her comfort besides just her rear. Juli has her own bike now, so that is no longer an issue. I looked into the seats that have been suggested, but not now, not needed. Good luck!

Have her sit on all of the. For sport bikes is is defately the most comfortable. Then if you get it and do a long day and she bitches.
argue.gif

Tell her well it was your idea to get this one.

I have seen a trend on here that the women that ride two up want to have thier own eventually. You can always make that suggestion too. I know mine rode for one season two up and likes it but we are going to get her one this coming riding season.
thumb_up.gif

Mary has done 300 mile stints with no issues stock seat home made/Corbin back rest.. the back rest being a big part of two up riding..
bowdown.gif

Both of my daughters, 17 and 15 ride with me, not at the same time,
laugh.gif
and can ride all day, 300 - 400 miles, listen to their ipod and be happy. Halie even trys to go to sleep sometimes, I haft to watch her.
smile.gif

Start out with short trips at slower speeds and then work your way up to longer day trips....

After chasing Twotonevert around Deals gap for 2 or 3 days, i can say it will not hurt your performance either...

My girlfriend loves the Busa, but I did just come off an 05 Gixxer 1k. The Gixxer was very hard on both me and her...it was not a good 2up bike. The Busa though feels like a plush touring machine in contrast. She doesn't ***** about it at all, but she does want me to get a Gold Wing as second bike someday.

I am also thinking about getting a good communication system. I think that is probably a good idea for passenger comfort and pleasure...it has to be pretty boring just sitting back there looking at the back of somebody's helmet.

get a corbin back rest. I will for mine I am just waiting for the 08. It will help. My girl wants me to get a harley or a Gold wing so its comftible but I will make it good for her by getting the back rest.

If you are gonna do 2-up riding all day, the only way to go is the FJR or something comparable like the VFR. Still sporty yet comfortable.
thumb_up.gif

Funny title for this thread. Immediately takes you back, to back in the day when the wife started riding on the back of my bike when we were dating. We did a weekend ride for two days and she lasted all weekend. I actually remember thinking to myself, if she lasts all weekend, and doesn't complain to much, she's a keeper.
beerchug.gif
laugh.gif

When you ask, "What Mods?"... my, my, the skies the limit. Or rather the limit of your pocket book if you wanted to set the Busa up as a two-up touring machine. Corbin saddle, hard bags, heated gear (for her!!), comm system, etc. etc. I had a spare set of heated chaps and vest back in those days for my girlfriend (now wife)- they're happy, you're happy.

Eventually, probably only took six months really, she hated riding on the back. She made the decision on her own to take the MSF class, we got her some gear and an EX500 and the rest is history.

Buyer beware. See the future.
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
bowdown.gif

laugh.gif

The Busa works fine for two up.

Once the bike is moving the additional weight seems negated for the most part.

Backrest is a must though... NOT a sissy bar, but a really good backrest!

The Busa works fine for two up.

Once the bike is moving the additional weight seems negated for the most part.

Backrest is a must though... NOT a sissy bar, but a really good backrest!
thumb_up.gif

Same with my wife... The only thing she doesn't like about my Busa is maneuvering it out of the garage, etc..
deadhorse.gif
She is spoiled by the lighter weight of her 750, BUT, she is overwhelmed by the Busa after taking her for a ride...
laugh.gif
She said she could not believe how nimble the Busa was...
whistling.gif
kickass.gif
race.gif

I've done quite a few 150+ mile days with the woman and no complaints. She said it's the most comfortable bike I've ever owned 2-up.
smile.gif

Back