2 Step Module - programmed launch

McyMike

Donating Member
Registered
Can someone explain how the 2 step module works. Since the modules are MSD how do I control them. How can you switch these "on" with clutch?

What I would really like is adevice that holds RPM constant until the clutch is released. From there I would like a "timed" interval, say 1.5 seconds where the bike is still limited to 8000 RPM before the bike goes full throttle/max rpm. Is that what the Schnitz boxes do?

a 2 step is just a rev limiter,hooked to a switch on the clutch lever,they are very hard on the motor

you would not want anything to hold the revs at 8k for 1.5 secs it would slow you down

i don't know what your setup is,but staging at 8k sounds high to me,regardless of what rpm you stage at the revs should be rising instantly,anything that slows that process down,will slow the bike down

sorry to rain on your parade,but i don't think these gizmos are the answer

this is just my opinion,others may disagree

they are very hard on the motor?
rock.gif
ran one for years never hurt anything.but i dont think they make a msd that works on busa, most people use them with a delay timer to kill the tree
they keep bike consistant by leaving at same rpm each time

<!--EDIT|ROACH
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133621518 -->

I have an NLR 2step. Converted my factory clutch switch to a switched 12v. When I pull the clutch in it activates the 2step. Then you twist the throttle to whever you want and it holds the rpm there.

nlr or schnitz pro series is the way to go, i know the nlr has been updated and is about $900.00,the schnitz is $1200.00 and does ten thousand times more than the nlr does for a little more money just make sure u hold on and have bars cause it will eventually flip over on ya
super.gif
race.gif

Back