2 Much Oil??

3rdbusa

Registered
I put 4 Liters of oil in my busa with a new filter. should I remove a little oil or will she be OK? Will this amount of excessive oil hurt HP or the engine?

In english... 3.3 quarts oil only. 3.5 quarts oil & filter.

<!--EDIT|Truckracer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117063729 -->

It's my belief that one litre equals 1 quart, so in US terms or anybody else in the world, 3.5-4.0 litres/quarts should be just fine.
wink.gif

Since 4 liters is 4.24 quarts, you are overfull by 3/4 of a quart.

Thats pretty signifcant. I would remove some of that oil.

3.31 liters is all you need with a filter.

<!--EDIT|Truckracer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117010325 -->

I put 4 Liters of oil in my busa with a new filter. should I remove a little oil or will she be OK?  Will this amount of excessive oil hurt HP or the engine?
Mine took 4 quarts with a filter change. I put one quart in at a time while I'm checking the site-glass window (bike sitting up on front and back stands). I fill it up to the the full mark and then turn the bike on until she warms up. When I turn her off and let her sit for 5-10min the oil level is always below the (low) mark. She then takes another quart to get back up to the (full) mark. This adds up to 4 quarts for me.

URBAN COWBOY

PS: My manual says 3.5 quarts also, but that's not correct for my bike. Just use your site-glass window and make sure she's at the full mark.

I 2nd it screw the book ,I just changed my 05 LE and 3 1/2 quarts did not fill it took 4 Quarts ..... I came here to get the answer also Thanks

I put 4 Liters of oil in my busa with a new filter. should I remove a little oil or will she be OK?  Will this amount of excessive oil hurt HP or the engine?
My bike took in 4 liters of oil to reach the max mark... when i drained the oil and changed the filter during the first service!! I think its pretty normal... If the oil guage is still showing under the max mark.. you are just fine!! Dont worry about it...
biggrin.gif

Back