(2) Escaped prisoners, 10 miles from my house

Well it is listed (I just checked) as assault but probably domestic in nature. That is what we guessed but I think the cops should have said something.
I do not see a line between escaped criminals and someones private business at home..

A domestic violence or assault does not really concern the neighbors and could probably just make tensions in the home worse if they knew everyone in the neighborhood knew their business... (papers report already)

Maybe I am missing something but why do the neighbors need to know anything at all?

With escaped felons, I think the information should be dealt out however as now it could involve your safety or that of your family..

I do not think that the prison should let everyone in the community know that they had an escape. If people knew that I think the LEO would have to deal with locals trying to "help" out, causing more problems.

I also, do not think that anyone should know what their neighbor got locked up for. It is truly none of your business-regardless of what they did.

Not to say I have the right idea but, as a police officer in Los Angeles, I always talked to the crowd, neighbors, onlookers....you don't have to violate a neighbor's right to privacy when you explain that, "it was a private event and the neighborhood is not in danger" or "yes, there was an escape but this incident has nothing to do with that" then tell the people what you know about the escape! Citizens can be your best back up. Withholding information that could affect the neighborhood is simply unprofessional. Raydog

Back