1st Track Day

Luvanicebum

Registered
Hitting the track October 10th.
I'm having my brakes done, new stainless lines all around including clutch, new 42 tooth rear sprocket and Triple Z chain. Tires look pretty good all around too.
Any tips for muscling her around or anything extra I should bring besides a full gas can would be appriciated.

Not only make sure your bike is in good working order, Take a cooler with some water and snacks, Maybe some spare parts, Take something that can provide some shade, and stands. I am sure the guys that ride track allot will be in here soon to provide you with a much better list of thing to take to the track. Have a good time
beerchug.gif

Might want two gas cans.

Remember your key.

Tools for the basics.

Desire for fun.

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Oh, someone who will take pics and/or video for ya.

--Wag--

(Luvanicebum @ Oct. 04 2007,14:11) Hitting the track October 10th.
I'm having my brakes done, new stainless lines all around including clutch, new 42 tooth rear sprocket and Triple Z chain.  Tires look pretty good all around too.
Any tips for muscling her around or anything extra I should bring besides a full gas can would be appreciated.
First thing is to relax...this is a fun thing to do  
super.gif

Take plenty of water and start drinking more water than you normally do for a day or two before your track day.

This might help too  Track Day Checklist    
wink.gif

Drinking fluids
Chair
Table(if you have the space)
Easy-up for shade
Basic tools, stands, rags...
Prepping the bike for whatever is required(taping lights, etc...)
Camera

But most of all, don't forget
helmet
gloves
jacket/pants/1piece
boots
KEY

Don't laugh, it is VERY easy to forget these when you're trying to pack everything else  
wink.gif

Have fun!!!   Trackdays rule!!!  
race.gif

blue painters tape, masking tape, zip ties and any spares you may have like levers or rear sets. You would be really pissed if your day ended early because your bike tipped over in the parking lot and snapped a lever or something.

And I concur with all the above mentioned stuff as well.

DD

(Charlesbusa @ Oct. 05 2007,14:43) But most of all, don't forget
helmet
gloves
jacket/pants/1piece
boots
KEY

Don't laugh, it is VERY easy to forget these when you're trying to pack everything else  
wink.gif

race.gif
laugh.gif

I'm still in awe of the story of your 1st Laguna Seca trip where you forgot yer helmet and drove all the way back to SoCal to get it, then all the way back up to Laguna in one evening/day?  
crazy.gif

(gtrpimp76 @ Oct. 05 2007,12:26)
helmet
gloves
jacket/pants/1piece
boots
KEY

wink.gif

race.gif
laugh.gif

I'm still in awe of the story of your 1st Laguna Seca trip where you forgot yer helmet and drove all the way back to SoCal to get it, then all the way back up to Laguna in one evening/day?  
crazy.gif
Yeah it was one of HIS Blonde moments
ices_rofl.gif

(BA BUSA @ Oct. 05 2007,13:27)
(gtrpimp76 @ Oct. 05 2007,12:26)
helmet
gloves
jacket/pants/1piece
boots
KEY

wink.gif

race.gif
laugh.gif

crazy.gif
Yeah it was one of HIS Blonde moments  
ices_rofl.gif
That's natural blonde moments
pissed.gif

laugh.gif

Thanks everyone. I just got my new gear from the Brown guy today. Tomarrow she goes into the shop and then I'm going to get reaquainted with her new gearing and brakes. I'm looking foreward to it.
It's supposed to be fairly overcast that day.
I don't have tire warmers. What pressure should I run?
I'm at the full 42 front and back for daily cruising.

Chair......that's a good one....I need a chair.
smile.gif

Hey uh......did someone take their emoticons and go home? I see about half of them...

Unless you have race tires, you don't need tire warmers.

What kind of tires do you have and how much do you weigh?

Depending on what track temp, tires, your weight, and how aggressive you ride the PSI could be anywhere from 28PSI to 34PSI  COLD.

I tend to shoot for 36PSI HOT.  I'm on BT002RS and weigh 165lbs.  Which ends up being around 28rear and 29.5front COLD PSI.

PSI is like reb and comp adjustments. There are many possibilities that depend on many factors.
wink.gif

There should be a tire rep at your track day...ask him for a recommendation for what PSI to run
wink.gif

31 front and 30 rear would be a good place to start...some of the Michelin's go as low as 21 PSI on the rear
all_coholic.gif

<!--QuoteBeginBA BUSA+Oct. 05 2007,13:27-->
(BA BUSA @ Oct. 05 2007,13:27) <!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegingtrpimp76+Oct. 05 2007,12:26-->
(gtrpimp76 @ Oct. 05 2007,12:26) <!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBeginCharlesbusa+Oct. 05 2007,14:43-->
(Charlesbusa @ Oct. 05 2007,14:43) <!--QuoteEBegin-->But most of all, don't forget
helmet
gloves
jacket/pants/1piece
boots
KEY

Don't laugh, it is VERY easy to forget these when you're trying to pack everything else �
winkold.gif

Have fun!!! � Trackdays rule!!! �
race.gif
laugh.gif

I'm still in awe of the story of your 1st Laguna Seca trip where you forgot yer helmet and drove all the way back to SoCal to get it, then all the way back up to Laguna in one evening/day? �
crazy.gif
Yeah it was one of HIS Blonde moments �
ices_rofl.gif
That's natural blonde moments  
pissed.gif
Now thats funny !!
rofl.gif

Back