1st Track Day Barber 4-15 pics/video

motochris

The artist formerly known as Chris75181
Registered
Just now getting around to editing video. Charlesbusa and I drove out to Alabama to hit a World Class Track! Super Awesome.

here is a clip from 1st day.At about 4:20 you see a controlled rider(orange shirt) pass me, he is helping me get by another rider by showing me the lines of the track. NESBA was who put on the track day...awesome group. Most of the controlled riders are racers. This is what level 2 I-group looks like with them.

4-15 level I group - YouTube[/url]

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

KIT_1131-1823281191-O.jpg

KIT_0732-1823279337-O.jpg

KIT_2024-1823289175-O.jpg

KIT_2505-1823294944-O.jpg

KIT_2523-1823296596-O.jpg

KIT_3248-1823299073-O.jpg

KIT_3424-1823302485-O.jpg

KIT_4043-1823308965-O.jpg

KIT_4772-1823311472-O.jpg

KIT_5623-1823321949-O.jpg

KIT_5624-1823323788-O.jpg

KIT_5689-1823323731-O.jpg

KIT_5690-1823325443-O.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dayum that's some good lean angle!!! Fixed that for ya!

[video=youtube_share;Pc2JocRxF1w]http://youtu.be/Pc2JocRxF1w[/video]

That dude at the start that wouldn't get out of the way on the BMW has a suit like mine :)

Who the heck spilled oil or coolant all over the track in 4-6? Jeez that's right IN the LINE...

level 2 4-15 - YouTube[/url]

me trying to keep up with Charles....:sigh:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YDWQzpk_vJA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
see if this works

guess not...hmmm

If I may:

I can see a few turns that you are losing time in. There is a big board down by the elevator that will show you the preferred race line (and you are close to it)

Might I recommend you watch your throttle control a little more? I saw a few places in turns (2-3) and 16 (hard right before left into front straight) where you got leaned over, and hit the throttle kinda hard); be smoother, or you might just break that rear tire loose and change a happy day into a bad one.

Come on down we'll have a big ole time!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YDWQzpk_vJA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
see if this works

guess not...hmmm

Don't use the youtube button, use the video toolbar instead and it will work just fine

Dude the video is great! I can tell you that you haven been there once and already use the whole track better than I do. Mainly in turn 5 (hairpin left) and the downhill right hander at the museum, I have a bad tendancy to stay inside after the turn whereas I should drift wider because I can be harder on the gas sooner. You are already doing that and I SUCK at that :laugh:

Yea when you come down we will show you a better line through 16 (the last hard right) and the left ont the front straight. You will like it much better and will be able to be faster through there.

Those are great pics too. You probably want to try to get your head a little lower and further over the tank. This will get your body lower and further off the bike so you can be going the same speed in a turn with less lean angle which means more tire contact patch. But, you look great and and I can't wait for September. You can also be part of TEAM GIXXER if you come back :beerchug:

Appreciate any input..always can use some critique. It probably took me about 4 sessions to get the line down. It wasnt until a controlled rider helped me..did I find a great line...I think both of our fastest time were when we latched onto an orange shirt!
If I may:

I can see a few turns that you are losing time in. There is a big board down by the elevator that will show you the preferred race line (and you are close to it)

Might I recommend you watch your throttle control a little more? I saw a few places in turns (2-3) and 16 (hard right before left into front straight) where you got leaned over, and hit the throttle kinda hard); be smoother, or you might just break that rear tire loose and change a happy day into a bad one.

Come on down we'll have a big ole time!

Yes I agree 100% I need to get my head more over the mirror and armpit more over the tank..bad body position when trying to learn new track...not mechanical yet...to much **** to think about...I am about to post a FULL session of Charles following me (for as long as he can stand it) you will hear better throttle control and shifting with him.
Dude the video is great! I can tell you that you haven been there once and already use the whole track better than I do. Mainly in turn 5 (hairpin left) and the downhill right hander at the museum, I have a bad tendancy to stay inside after the turn whereas I should drift wider because I can be harder on the gas sooner. You are already doing that and I SUCK at that :laugh:

Yea when you come down we will show you a better line through 16 (the last hard right) and the left ont the front straight. You will like it much better and will be able to be faster through there.

Those are great pics too. You probably want to try to get your head a little lower and further over the tank. This will get your body lower and further off the bike so you can be going the same speed in a turn with less lean angle which means more tire contact patch. But, you look great and and I can't wait for September. You can also be part of TEAM GIXXER if you come back :beerchug:

Charles following me for as long as he can stand it! Watch this:
VVVVVVVVVVV

level 2 NESBA - YouTube[/url]

Question: Is Charles running standard gearing? I kinda don't think so, cause I've never seen 4th gear and the Speedo is off by quite a bit....good laps!

skydivr said:
Question: Is Charles running standard gearing? I kinda don't think so, cause I've never seen 4th gear and the Speedo is off by quite a bit....good laps!

Yea we both running -1/+2 stock everything else except brembo master on charles...but We thinks his speedo is off yet he is fast on that 750.. he nearly Always takes someone on the straights and behind me you always see him show me a front wheel...he says his bike is faster..I say its cuz he has me by 40 pounds...lol

Back