1st Street Bike ~ Teenage Riders *

1983 Nighthawk 550. It was my cousins bike but over the course of 2 summers I rode the piss out of that thing. Not my video. I should see if I can find one in decent shape. It would be a blast from the past.

Mine was 1992 CBR400RR
images.jpeg

My first bike. I raced everything and anything on this thing. (not my actual bike but it looked like this) Took it to the track every wednesday. Ran methanol in it until the motor blew.

View attachment 1590285
I always thought the FZ's were good looking bikes, especially the FZ 750/700. Had a buddy that went from a ninja 600 to an fzr 1000. That was hands down the fastest thing I'd ever ridden, made my gpz seem even slower than it actually was. I bought a 90 ZX10 shortly thereafter.
The fzr ended up off of Angeles Crest one day, my buddy broke his collar bone. Another buddy in the crew ran a red light on his slingshot running from the law and a truck killed him, but neither of those incidents slowed the rest of us down any.

2006 GSXR 600 I was sold on the bike since it came stock with blue rims got it at 18 years old. Only had it for 3 months and 3,300 miles.

Pic is not of my actual bike but mine looked exactly like that.

7C4FCD42-C83F-403A-A96C-8E56F917CF06.jpeg

I always thought the FZ's were good looking bikes, especially the FZ 750/700. Had a buddy that went from a ninja 600 to an fzr 1000. That was hands down the fastest thing I'd ever ridden, made my gpz seem even slower than it actually was. I bought a 90 ZX10 shortly thereafter.
The fzr ended up off of Angeles Crest one day, my buddy broke his collar bone. Another buddy in the crew ran a red light on his slingshot running from the law and a truck killed him, but neither of those incidents slowed the rest of us down any.

I helped a buddy of mine fix his FZR 1k after a high side crash back in '87, he went on a task and left me the bike for a few weeks, it was a great machine. The first day he was back, he totalled it. I couldn't believe it.

Another friend had one in his garage for 20 yrs and I never knew it was in there until one day when I helped him move. I should have bugged him more to sell it to me.

I made my youngest son Orion start with a Hyosung GTR FI when he was 15. When he had rode it a year he was allowed to ride a Ninja 650R. Then after another year He stepped up to the Ninja ZX-14 he currently rides.
My oldest son Thor doesn't ride because his GF is scared of him riding a motorcycle. Tried to bring them both up to do what they want and not letting others dictate what they do in life, but on that issue I tell him to stop being pussy whipped and start riding he will love it.

1978 GS750E. Traded my 1969 VW squareback for it senior year.
My cousin had a SB which I though was a big deal as it was not a very common ride at the time. With or without surf racks, it was a chic magnet. Didn't have street bikes as teenagers. It was street ridden dirt bikes , after graduating from pedal bike mopeds and the likes, coming up from minibikes and that sort.

Last edited:
At 15 years old ~ I was riding this *

the day I turned 16 I got my motorcycle permit..... I had a 1982 Kawasaki 440ltd..... funny thing is I can remember coming home from work (I worked 3-8 pm at waltz bros Texaco gas station/repair shop) and stopping at the liquor store and riding home with a 6 pack in a plastic bag HANGING off the handelbars...…. I KNEW EVERYONE in the neighborhood and everyone knew me....

Back