1st Street Bike ~ Teenage Riders *

the day I turned 16 I got my motorcycle permit..... I had a 1982 Kawasaki 440ltd..... funny thing is I can remember coming home from work (I worked 3-8 pm at waltz bros Texaco gas station/repair shop) and stopping at the liquor store and riding home with a 6 pack in a plastic bag HANGING off the handelbars...…. I KNEW EVERYONE in the neighborhood and everyone knew me....
Were you making turbo noises?

Were you making turbo noises?
back then... I don't recall ever even seeing anyone on any really cool turbo motorcycles(built turbo bikes anyway)…. it wasn't even a thought.... I always wanted a hotrod though..... but that was the biggest caviar wish I could come up with..... I moved 17 times in my life.... this last time I moved (bought a condo) is hopefully the last time I ever move.... my joyrney started out in springfield,ma….. and ended in wappingers falls,ny…… ny is much much much nicer.

back then... I don't recall ever even seeing anyone on any really cool turbo motorcycles(built turbo bikes anyway)…. it wasn't even a thought.... I always wanted a hotrod though..... but that was the biggest caviar wish I could come up with..... I moved 17 times in my life.... this last time I moved (bought a condo) is hopefully the last time I ever move.... my joyrney started out in springfield,ma….. and ended in wappingers falls,ny…… ny is much much much nicer.

Glad to here you like you place/area man. Just joking about turbo noises. I remember seeing a local guy leaving town on his 1000R Ninja (1987?) and it looked like a fast forward VCR tape, that’s when I realized how fast bikes are.

My son who's 30 now, always remembers the bikes I had, he always was amazed by my '85 Gixxer and how it would take off...(of course I would show off for him...).

He now has the pop up Katana he had pictures of him sitting on when he was in diapers.

Glad to here you like you place/area man. Just joking about turbo noises. I remember seeing a local guy leaving town on his 1000R Ninja (1987?) and it looked like a fast forward VCR tape, that’s when I realized how fast bikes are.
I can honestly say that moving to a new area/trying to start a new life somewhere else is a major PITA, but it had to be done.... im glad its over with... I look back and just shake my head at some memories, and what a different person I am.

I can honestly say that moving to a new area/trying to start a new life somewhere else is a major PITA, but it had to be done.... im glad its over with... I look back and just shake my head at some memories, and what a different person I am.
As an ex-army guy, I can relate, we moved as a family quite a few times and it was hard on the kids. It did give them character though and made them view the world a little differently.

Good on you man! I’ve only lived in 3 other towns ever and am back where I grew up. Sometimes it’s nice to know everyone you see and sometimes it’s too much.

As an ex-army guy, I can relate, we moved as a family quite a few times and it was hard on the kids. It did give them character though and made them view the world a little differently.
As a kid I didn't see my dad much.... only on sundays… he worked swing shift and I was at school/up to no good while he was sleeping or at work... so we only really saw each other on sundays.... he was very very very strict.... and u guys know how I am... and what kinda friends/crew I ran with as a kid.... so there was a lot of arguments/fights... we didn't really get along... fought all the time(espescially as a teenager OMG).... now we live 300 miles apart and JUST recently our relationship is better than at any other time in my life.... we joke about things now.... like when he used to tell me "YOUR GONNA end up in jail JUST LIKE ure friends"... they are criminals and losers..... I guess he was correct.

As a kid I didn't see my dad much.... only on sundays… he worked swing shift and I was at school/up to no good while he was sleeping or at work... so we only really saw each other on sundays.... he was very very very strict.... and u guys know how I am... and what kinda friends/crew I ran with as a kid.... so there was a lot of arguments/fights... we didn't really get along... fought all the time(espescially as a teenager OMG).... now we live 300 miles apart and JUST recently our relationship is better than at any other time in my life.... we joke about things now.... like when he used to tell me "YOUR GONNA end up in jail JUST LIKE ure friends"... they are criminals and losers..... I guess he was correct.

I have a son like that, he lives 25 mins away and we haven't seen each other or spoke in a year and a half. He fell in with a bad crowd had a daughter with a girl at a young age. Thankfully he straightened out, joined the army and had a couple more kids with another girl he lives with now, bought a house and a mini van.

He will succeed in life I'm sure with or without me in his life.

Glad you are starting to get along with your dad...

and that kid in that movie.... I MET HIM.... he was doling a bid at where I work.... he was in PC..... "wasted talent"

I have a son like that, he lives 25 mins away and we haven't seen each other or spoke in a year and a half. He fell in with a bad crowd had a daughter with a girl at a young age. Thankfully he straightened out, joined the army and had a couple more kids with another girl he lives with now, bought a house and a mini van.

He will succeed in life I'm sure with or without me in his life.

Glad you are starting to get along with your dad...
In the neighborhood I grew up in.... we had little groups of friends that all hung out together... and most everyone knew who you ran with... a few of my old "friends" are just flat out bad people... I know that now.... I justified it at the time and looked the other way and never ratted on anybody... really this was a necessity... but my friends always had my back and lied and covered for me as well.... you grow extremely close... they become like family... u trust them with ure life.... and vice versa.... its hard to get out of that circle......……. it tries to pull u in... but I decided that I would rather be a good guy than a bad one.

It was me/Tim Moran/Mike Moran/Hamilton/Serge/Nick Frink/Steve/Eric Cubi/Mike Cubi/Gonzo(deceased)/sometimes Scottie Valentino(his dad grew up 1 mile from me) but scottie never actually grew up in the merrick section but nobody dared to say it...…….. 8 of us actually lived together for YEARS... so u can imagine how crazy it was allllllll of us living together.

You survived that life style only to become a contributing member of society watching over some of the scum of the earth...that's a full circle story right there.
me and my big mouth.... lol..... I was just reminiscing in my head.... but I have no contact with any of these guys anymore.... actually I cant...… some are convicted felons now. I feel pretty good about my decisions though.... I finally got that hotrod I always wanted... and i never had to break a single law to do it.... 100 percent legitimate...…

Last edited:
At that gas station/repair shop that I worked at as a kid.... after a few years working there I got a key to the shop..... And my boss Ed used to let me use his tools..... so I began working on my own car/friends cars and generally listening to my boss about wrenching on cars.... that's how I learned cars.... lots of time observing and listening.... I had a 1987 olds toronado at about 20 yrs old...… thank god I had access to that shop.... for the bike also... did a lot of side work after hours...……..

Back