1st 1/4 times

smoke

Registered
Just want some input. I went to the track in Oct. for the first time on a bike, and wanna see what you think. Here are the mods: '04 busa, power commander, full Hundle big-bore race exhaust, air box mod w/ k+n, pair valve mod, and lowered 2". 1st pass, scared *&$%less, rode clutch too long, 2.09 60', shifted good, 10.33@136. Next couple passes about the same. Next pass, 1.87 60', shifted good, 10.03@143. Last 2 passes almost identical and best. 1.68 60', shifted good and 9.89@144 and 9.86@145. All passes going thru traps in 3rd. What'ya think? I know I need to work on launches but didn't expect 9's my first time out!!!

Yeah u did great my first time i ran 10.5s

What is typical for these mods and very experienced rider? Know whats funny? It feels sooooo fast and my Mustang is running 9.1's at 148. The bike feels much faster than the car!

you should be getting lower times with those mods...mebbe 9.6 at the slowest.

Then again, you need to be riding the heck outta that thing...

mph is good...but it can go up a lil.

Work on that launch....that accounts for about half of your ET...

and where are my manners? Good times, bro...just need a lil more work ot get it better.
cool.gif

You could get it to run 9.4's with a better 60' and the mph is about right 145-150 mph. You did very good for your first time at the track and your times will only improve. Oh if your running stock gearing try a 16T on the front.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Blue Streak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1105427022 -->

Good times for your first time out!
wink.gif

Couple questions? How much do you weight?

Also, you said "All passes going thru traps in 3rd?" Are you sure?
rock.gif
That seems low, should be in fourth unless you road the limiter across the line?

Since you are only 2" lower, you could drop it that last inch. and maybe eak out a 9.6 or so with a good launch. You need to get your 60" down in the 1.5's to get the most out of it. You might get in the 9.4's doing that!
biggrin.gif

Josh
cool.gif

Josh, first off I'm 5'-11" and weigh 165lbs. Second, I'm positive I was in 3rd gear.....it was hitting the limiter just after the traps. 3rd, I really dont wanna drop the front anymore because I have an aftermarket front fender from Devilbikes that is higher than stock. Hope I answered your Q's, and realize there is much more room for improvement on launches!! Thanks for the replies. I just cant wait to get my turbo!!!!!

Smoke,

Keep the front like you have it. Just lower the rear to 3" down. That should help you 60' a little better. Otherwise, you are setup okay.

You could also try a 16T front sprocket but I have had nothing but trouble with wheelies since I did it. You might be okay with it though.

Good luck and keep us posted. Hope you take off your coat and stay a while.

Josh
cool.gif

Back