Finally got tothe drag strip!

trevor

Registered
I finally got to the strip with my busa this weekend. It was my first time drag racing in 15 years, and I was only out one weekend then on a 85 ninja 600. I made about 25 passes this weekend before it was rained out and improved from a starting 11.77 to a 10.083 @140.86. I have got alot of room for improvement in the first 60, but I am very happy for a first time out. I have a 2005 w pc3, pingle electric shift, brocks ultra clutch mod, lowering linkd, straps, 4-2-1 yosh rs3.down 1 tooth in front and up 2 in the rear

scan0002.jpg

DSC01477.JPG

DSC01478.JPG

DSC01479.JPG

DSC01480.JPG

Last edited:
true that! I always wanted to drag race..... now Im hooked, Ive got a spencer triple tree and adjustable kickstand coming next week.:thumbsup:

I would like to go drag strip, but i am not stretched and learning the tree, staging, and launching and all that make me nervous. any advice?

Last edited:
I would like to go drag strip, but i am not stretched and learning the tree, staging, and lauching and all that make me nervous. any advice?

Can't learn without going and trying it out! Open drag days are your best opportunity to get out and learn the ropes.

I would like to go drag strip, but i am not stretched and learning the tree, staging, and launching and all that make me nervous. any advice?

I am begining it as well. have gone a few times last year and now have a bike project just for a race bike.

The only way to learn and get comfortable with it is to get out and do it.:beerchug:

If you wanna try, just get out and do it. Get some straps and dog bones and make your life easier. Im new at it and the first time up I was nervous of what would happen. The first few times up to the line actually. I went up with some guys that have been racing for many years and that helped me alot.They said Don't worry about what people think or how hard you launch or how fast you go...... it will come w time. Just pull up clean off your tire and when the light changes take off like you are leaving a set of street lights and make nice safe run. Great advice ! Im glad I listened, It was the first time driving the bike lowered, strapped and running about 25 psi in the rear tire. It definately feels different than normal and takes some getting used to. One thing important also is not to tighten your front strap to tight! it makes it really unstable. Just hold on the front brake and give it one firm pull, you should have some front suspension travel! and also when you park the bike after a few runs.... release the strap and let the pressure off the fork seals.
I hope these few tips that were given to me will help other new racers, I really found it helped me! I was really suprised how much there is to pay attention to when going down the track in such a short period of time! The first 5 passes or so I didnt know what rpm i was shifting at, where the finish line was, what speed i was going...I is kinda funny looking back at it .Once I got used to that then I started trying to launch harder. Now I just need more passes. and get those 60 ft times down!

It was so fun, dont not go because your scared of the power. Also let the people at the track know it was my first time, They very helpfull . They even announced it my first time up. Just race yourself, and enjoy ! I had so much fun

Cool read.. always wanted to try mine too at the drags....Maybe Oct 17th at Sacramento.
10.08 is killer for your first time out in 15 years.... :thumbsup:

got out again two weeks ago....Ran a 10.000 @144.22MPH
Getting a bit better but my 60 ft is still high 1.7s.
Iseem to be bogging it off the ling a bit. I don't think im dumping the clutch but not feeding the gas fast enough. I think I need to grab a bigger handfull of throttle. I mean im holding my wrist to low!
My reaction time is still a bit slow but right now I want to get the 60 ft down.

Back