1999 busa not running

ok bud i will change them i have one more set left
will try all that tommrow eve and see how she gos :thumbsup:
thanks for all your good info

1999 and 2000 Busas are prone to this because of the fuel pump design. What you see as rust in the filters is actually part of the fuel pump impeller that rubs inside the fuel pump housing. As long as you use a 99 or 2000 Fuel pump you will continue that have the clogging problem over a period of time. I would suggest going to an aftermarket fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator. Once this is done you can install 2 fuel filters (one before the pump and one after the pump) this is eliminate the problem. Then pull the screens from the injectors.
RC Engineering does a great job of cleaning and balancing injectors.

RC Fuel Injection

MPS Racing can clean them but not balance them

cost is about $100 to clean them

Great advice here!

RC Engineering did mine and the bike was completely different afterwards. Since you are so far away I would put a different set of good running injectors in so you can use the bike and send the other set off for cleaning and calibration.

Also, you can switch the gas tank over to a 2002 and newer style tank and pump and solve this problem. You just have a little re-wiring to do, but nothing more than an hour job.

Scott

right lads i have just cleaned injectors and changed fuel lines as they we kinking slightly and they had some pin holes in them ..
i also fitted an inline fuel filter between the tank and fuel pump ..
only thing i did not do was clean fuel pump imm thinking this might come back to bight me in the ass lol ..
one of my buddys is away now on her to see what she is like he going to burn a tank or 2 if she holds out wish him luck :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

hear she is by the way thought i would up load a pictur i have decals on her now did not like the blank look of her

IMG_0791 [1024x768].JPG

IMG_0792 [1024x768].jpg

IMG_0793 [1024x768].jpg

IMG_0795 [1024x768].jpg

right 2 tanks of fuel later problem solved :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
seems to b running well thanks guys ,,
now just have to get a few other jobs don :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back