Busa 1999 Fuel Pump! :(

NorthFace

Registered
Ok here is my problem, it seems the 1999 busa fuel pump had some problems in the past, I did all my recall and changed that filter fuel that was causing some problems, then I had bad connection I was loosing power on the pump itselt, this has been fixed as well..

Now the real problem, I start (cold) always works fine, if I get a few red light and the bike get a little hotter than he would on the highway, if I stop it and go say for lunch when I come back it will not start, no code nothing, fuel pump is turning but no pressure is build, try the key a couple of times and let it cool down a few more minutes, then it works fine. I have NO problems once its started. I have no problem up till 300 Kph, I have no problem if I start it right after shutting down.

What I've done so far:

Disassemble the pump completly, check all screen, clean them all re-oil all gasket, reassemble pump

Same problem...

So here are 3 questions:
1 Can I buy a 2004 (in tank pump) and make it fit the 1999 witout extensive modification to either the fuel rail or the tank?

2 What could be the cause? Faulty motor? Faulty Regulator?

3 Is there any "after" market pump-regulator-filter that doens't cost too much?

I will be checking pressure tomorrow when I get my gauges, I will install a permanent fuel pressure gauge up in the cluster, there is a 1/4 fitting for it on the pump itself to make sure I am have "pressure" problem..

Thanks!

<!--EDIT|NorthFace
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122034858 -->

I'm not sure if it's related or the same type of issue, but check out my post(s) under MikeM2117 ("Help, busa just won't start'). Sounds like the same issue I was/am having w/ my '99 Hayabusa. I was advised by the dealer that it was the black box. Others from the Boards here suggested that it may be the fuel pump, which makes a lot more sense than a failure of the black box for no reason.

Back