198 RWHP- Mods complete

8secBusa

Registered
Just got the numbers back on my bike, 198 at the wheel, on pump gas.

Mods: pistons(stock bore), cams(378/330), head porting...

I will upload the before/after dyno sheet as soon as I figure out how to scan it.

Cool
ThumbsUp.gif

Who did the work?

Just got the numbers back on my bike, 198 at the wheel, on pump gas.

Mods: pistons(stock bore), cams(378/330), head porting...

I will upload the before/after dyno sheet as soon as I figure out how to scan it.
Who did the work, been told that mod could produce 205+ ? Did you change the exhaust ?

There are a number of companies that sell that set up and claim 205 stock bore and 220 at 1397. Every shop I know state that those numbers are overly optimistic, and that those kits are usually 10-15hp lower. Regardless, a solid 25-30hp gain should get me to where I wanted to be.

I was told using U4 or another oxegenated fuel will add 8-10hp, but I would prefer to not use those. The track opens Feb 22nd, so I'll post some numbers at that point.

Good luck bro, hard to hang with the 1720 strockers and turbos. Have fun.

What kind of times are you hoping to achieve and how much do you weigh in gear?

I ran 9.4's before the change, expect 8.9's with the mods. I am a heavty 245 in gear. Was just targetng the 8's, on pump gas. Looks like I should be there. Also, I only run 6 over extensions with no bar. I know there is a bit to be had with a longer arm/wheelie bar, but still like what it takes to get it down the track without.

You got that much of a gain w/just cams and headwork. That is awesome. Makes me anticipate my 1397 w/cams and headwork even more.

Don

I'm looking forward to seeing the sheets. I'm doing something very similar and would be happy with 178 hp peak!

Totally stock motor? Yes, never touched the motor, was running the typical mods though...Pipe PC, 6"ARM EXT,TRE, 16/45 gearing.

My buddy has basically the same set up I was running but had the lightweight wheels and ran 9.1's, he is 145lbs.

You guys are hauling a**. I'm 140 lbs and I have about the same setup. I'm not running anywhere near those numbers and I've been riding for a while. Those numbers are probably quicker than any of the numbers I've seen for a stock motored busa. RIDE ON

I ran 40+ times the last time out, and was able to go back to back varing nearly every aspect of my launch style. Without that one day, it may have taken me a whole season to get that amount of seat time. I basically gained nearly 1/2 second dialing in ME.

Something I came up with that I hadn't tried yet was weighting the front end in order to leave harder. The como of gearing an letting go of the clutch almost instantly kept my launch rpm at 5500ish> I really wanted to leave a bit harder. Thos sounds hookie, but I bought a peice of all thread and 5 & 10lb standard barbell weights, cut everything to size, and planned on some testing before the weather went south. I know the "fast boys" typically run 30-40lbs of weight up front to stabilize and control wheelstand.

Back