180 HP zx-14 vs Busa Video

(NightCrawler @ Apr. 12 2007,06:45)
(BigSimp @ Apr. 11 2007,18:43)
(1300hemibusa @ Apr. 10 2007,19:25) ... It takes a 1397 motor to keep up or pass me on a stock motored zx14.... And a 40 shot on a stock motored Busa will not get it done either
I dont doubt your ZX 14 is fast, but if your saying that your 1356 can challenge and handle most 1397 bikes why can my 1299 challenge your bike.  Dont get me wrong, I enjoy the better brakes and information read outs of the 14, but to me the bike are still pretty close.  The 14 just edges out the busa in a straight line, ...
That stock 17/41 setup the 14 has might have something to do with that.
wink.gif

I wonder what'll happen if all is left stock except for the rear sprocket. Put a 41T on the Busa or a 40T on the 14. I'd bet 2 cows and a goat Kawi placed a 40T on the 14, saw it couldn't outperform the Busa, and decided to simply slap a 41T on it to help it "out-accelerate" the Busa.

Those Kawi guys are funny ...  
laugh.gif
Might want to read what Brocks did at Maxton ...200 MPH pass with a 17/40 gearing stock motor >>
Read part 3 .....Hell read all of them , you might learn something...

(1300hemibusa @ Apr. 12 2007,11:59)
(NightCrawler @ Apr. 12 2007,06:45)
(BigSimp @ Apr. 11 2007,18:43)
(1300hemibusa @ Apr. 10 2007,19:25) ... It takes a 1397 motor to keep up or pass me on a stock motored zx14.... And a 40 shot on a stock motored Busa will not get it done either
I dont doubt your ZX 14 is fast, but if your saying that your 1356 can challenge and handle most 1397 bikes why can my 1299 challenge your bike.  Dont get me wrong, I enjoy the better brakes and information read outs of the 14, but to me the bike are still pretty close.  The 14 just edges out the busa in a straight line, ...
That stock 17/41 setup the 14 has might have something to do with that.
wink.gif

I wonder what'll happen if all is left stock except for the rear sprocket. Put a 41T on the Busa or a 40T on the 14. I'd bet 2 cows and a goat Kawi placed a 40T on the 14, saw it couldn't outperform the Busa, and decided to simply slap a 41T on it to help it "out-accelerate" the Busa.

Those Kawi guys are funny ...  
laugh.gif
Might want to read what Brocks did at Maxton ...200 MPH pass   with a 17/40 gearing stock motor >>  
 Read part 3 .....Hell read all of them , you might learn something...
Like I said ... FUNNY!
laugh.gif

Brock’s Performance (by Hindle) StreetSmart Exhaust System
Modified ZX-10 Power Commander PC3usb with matching map
Front forks lowered 1.25 inches in the stock clamps
Brock’s Performance complete radial caliper front end lowering kit
Brock’s Performance fully adjustable rear lowering links (prototype)

Brock’s Performance (by Spiegler, USA) brake line kit
EK530DR2 non o-ring chain (stock front sprocket)
VP MR9 <table style=filter:glow(color=red)>RACE FUEL </table>
Alisyn Pro Drive 21 Oil <<0W
(<<0W means less than zero weight---<table style=filter:glow(color=red)>for race track use ONLY!) </table>
World Wide Bearings ceramic wheel bearing kit

Brock’s Performance clutch spring spacer kit
Vortex rear sprocket - 40 tooth
Tiger Racing ZX-14 metal chain guard
Innovate Motorsports LM-1 Digital Air/Fuel Ratio Meter with RPM kit
SpeedoHealer v3.0 with Kawasaki Plug-n-Go wiring harness
Brock’s Performance/Ohlins’ Steering Damper Kit (prototype)

The rules mandated the removal of several items from the bike i.e. license plate, rear foot pegs, etc… These items are shown here and equated to an 8lb reduction in overall weight:

Rider profile of Chad Millholland -
Born: March 19, 1984 in Knoxville, Tennessee
Height: 5’ 6â€
Weight: 128 lbs.
in his shorts
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Stock motor yes ... but that's about it.
wink.gif

Now can a Busa do that with the same mods ... we won't know until someone tries. Heck the 14 ran a 200.9 with those mods after not giving up the first 3 or 4 times it failed to reach the 200 mph mark. But I assure you ifthe Busa can't do it, it wouldn't be too far off of that mark. You gotta remember one thing ... at those speeds aerodynamics play a big role on speed. That's not the case with a 1/4 mile run. Though it may play a part it doesn't play as BIG of a part. To date the Busa still has the best aero's out there, while the 14 places 4th. 3rd being the ZX-10 and 2nd being the Zook 1000 (at least the K5/K6 model).

So did I learn something ... ? Yes, indeed I did. The 14 can hit 200 mph with an untouched motor ... but plenty other things have to not only be changed, but in some cases removed. Oh ... and having a rider weighing less than 130 lbs. wouldn't hurt either.
all_coholic.gif

laugh.gif

wink.gif

(Spudley @ Apr. 12 2007,07:04) DID ANYONE NOTICE WHAT COLOR THE BUSA WAS..............I'm tellin' ya, and there's some footage to prove it.......

FASTEST COLOR IS THE 05' BLACK AND RED.....see I told you guys, many, many times...there it is...video proof, there ya go.........
super.gif
Even standing still she's the Fastest Color !!!!!.......okay I'll stop now....
biggrin.gif
He just better be glad a black Busa didn't get a hold of his azz
laugh.gif

(1300hemibusa @ Apr. 12 2007,11:39)
(DEVLDOG @ Apr. 12 2007,05:03)
(1300hemibusa @ Apr. 10 2007,19:25)
(KoK-LoL @ Apr. 10 2007,18
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
) O.K. then... So what is the faster bike if they are IDENTICALLY tricked out then? No turbos or Nitrous. Any videos of REAL drags? not roll on's. I understand however in the twistys the Busa is better but that to me still sounds like rider skills. Nice to see testing like: same rider, 1/4 mile on both bikes...then to the twisty track, same rider again & compare those notes. Hmmm, maybe this is something we can get set up ya think? Imagine the bragging rights on the winners Forums. I think IF the busa lost I still could not trade in my bike for that butt ugly ride...hehehe.
Ok my zx14 has a pipe and P/C and i have added 5 inches to the wheel base ...8.77 @ 153 .. The motor as well as the clutch is untouched ... If you think you can get a Busa to run 8.77 with the same mods you have lost your mind ... It takes a 1397 motor to keep up or pass me on a stock motored zx14.... And a 40 shot on a stock motored Busa will not get it done either ....Look i have had two Busas and they are great bikes and if they build a faster new Busa i will own one...But for now mod for mod rider skill for skill you going to get beat by a zx14 ...End of story...
8.77@ 153....I would need to see that to believe that...my busa is set up for drag and i barely get that time with NOS,gearing changes,4-1 exhaust..pcIII custom NOS mapping...etc...im calling BS bro...no disrespect but i cant believe that.
Here is the ticket and two of your members here have seen the bike at BMP run the numbers...I'm not even the fastest zx14 around this parts , a few of them on stock motor have gone high 8.60s ...But if you don't believe me have anyone on this website meet at BMP here in FL and see for yourself ...I'm going there tonight for some testing so come see for yourself...

38.jpg

The next ticket is a 30 shot pass

ticket6.jpg

2.jpg

My 8.77 @ 153 pass is my best ET so far, I had a 1.38 60 footer on that pass ..
Nice launch

2.jpg

OK I'm so tired of hearing how the 14 is so bada$$ it's only 1352cc Put the same gearing on both bike and they will be basically evenly matched..If I remember correctly when the busa hit ground it didn't evenly match anything it blew em out of the water.. So it took kawasaki 6yrs to just match the busas performance ok it is fast don't get me wrong ,but that thing is fugly

and it won't be on top for long can you say 2008

I hope that the Kawi is faster. Otherwise they spent lot's of cash R&Ring a bike for nothing.

I stick with the Busa.

When I pull up anywhere and I am riding Evelyn, people stop and stare, or they just come over to look at the bike.  Because she is beautiful.  I would not debase myself and ride the kawasaki Rosie O'Donnell no matter how fast she ran!

DSC00566__Small_.JPG

I remember the Stock comparison of the ZX-14 vs. the 06 Hayabusa. The article showed the 14 outperforming the Hayabusa in the quarter mile (about .2 faster) as well as a 0-180 mph time.. (approx .5 sec faster than the Busa) ... Even with restricted top end runs.. 184.5 (busa)  vs.  186 (ZX14). You have to give it to Kawasaki for the the job they did on the 14. All subjectivity aside.

Now, the comparison also performed a (unrestricted) top end comparison.. This is where the Hayabusa does beat the 14...   188.3 (14)  vs 188.9 (Busa)  Again, both stock motorcycles.

Even with a newer, stronger engine.. The 14 falls short on the very top speeds.. Why?... The aerodynamics. Suzuki simply has a better coefficient of drag.This being the case, I would still give the nod to the Busa on "top speed" runs.  

cool.gif

The only true way to tell which one is faster is to take them out of the crate and hook em up to a Dyno. I don't know why the magazines insist on using humans in all the comparos. They are ALWAYS different because every rider is different in weight, skill, etc.

(rtvegas @ Jun. 15 2007,10:15) I remember the Stock comparison of the ZX-14 vs. the 06 Hayabusa. The article showed the 14 outperforming the Hayabusa in the quarter mile (about .2 faster) as well as a 0-180 mph time.. (approx .5 sec faster than the Busa) ... Even with restricted top end runs.. 184.5 (busa)  vs.  186 (ZX14). You have to give it to Kawasaki for the the job they did on the 14. All subjectivity aside.

Now, the comparison also performed a (unrestricted) top end comparison.. This is where the Hayabusa does beat the 14...   188.3 (14)  vs 188.9 (Busa)  Again, both stock motorcycles.

Even with a newer, stronger engine.. The 14 falls short on the very top speeds.. Why?... The aerodynamics. Suzuki simply has a better coefficient of drag.This being the case, I would still give the nod to the Busa on "top speed" runs.  

cool.gif
Everything I read also gave the Busa the nod in the twisties. That is where I like to play.

Back