170 hp at wheel

Cheapest way? About $1000 or a bit over.

Hindle 4-2-1 BDE Gen 3 pipe, small box mod, PAIR block off plates, and PC3 USB...as a package...and a map either by Brock (loaded free), or one from a member for free.

Should put you right around 170.

Of course, different pipes and whether they are new or used can vary your price.

thanks Jynx, is the Hindle fairly lightweight compared to the stock stuff? that was the other piece of the puzzle to lighten the load a little bit. don't want any lesser bikes too close

thanks Jynx,   is the Hindle fairly lightweight compared to the stock stuff? that was the other piece of the puzzle to lighten the load a little bit. don't want any lesser bikes too close
hindle weighs 9lbs stock is about 40....if you remove the pair valve you can save an extra pound. Theres all kinds of stuff to do to lose weight

or drop in some yosh stage one cams as well as the above.
smile.gif
Dont forget you will slip tires more often.....

JD

Yeah, buth with yosh cams...and a proper install and tune, you are talking about 2x what I posted above.

Of course, I am planning that myself...but shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
biggrin.gif

Look for a good used exhaust, be patient they will show up. HMF, BDE Hindle, Muzzy are a couple that will put out good power and show up used at a good price. Akro and Ti-Force are a little pricey but just as good in the power range.

A brand new full muzzy system is the best bang for the buck, brand new under $600.

With that being said get the following;
Good exhaust
Power Commander
BMC Race fitler
Small Box mod
Custom Map

Two other options are
Pair valve sucker mod (I haven't done it but some say it will show a pony or two to the rear wheel)
Short stacks ( I have them but some say you will only gain with cams)
This should put you over 170RWHP or damn close to it on a dyno that is not stingey. With cams and the above mods some have gotten over 180RWHP with pump gas.

For a thousand dollars...
Muzzy at 500 bucks.
Remap using a Teka SFI, 125 to 200 dollars, depends on who does it.
Install an intake cam on the exhaust side, 300 bucks or so.
Small box mod - free.

intake cam on teh exhaust side does what? And you'd pay someone to do this right?

Good quality headers and cans (many good ones) air filter and a PC for tunning. Or 20shot of dry NOS.

thanks Jynx,   is the Hindle fairly lightweight compared to the stock stuff? that was the other piece of the puzzle to lighten the load a little bit. don't want any lesser bikes too close
hindle weighs 9lbs stock is about 40....if you remove the pair valve you can save an extra pound. Theres all kinds of stuff to do to lose weight
Yeah and also cut back on the cheeseburgers.
Damn, beat me to the punch (line).

Is there anyone out there that can tell me if a Busa with 12.3 to 1 CR and Yosh stage 1 cams, Yosh TRS Full System, and Power Commander can achieve 200hp at the rear wheel? I would relly like to know be for a go out and but it.

Thanks!

Back