.5,1,2,3,4,5 gears

16/42: 1st column=indicated 2nd coloum=GPS actual
20 = 16
35 = 30
60 = 50
70 = 60
80 = 65
85 = 70

It seems like you need to #### up in 6th gear, you will be looking for 7th gear all day lol (Gear indicater anyone?)

first comes up fast as hell with not effort, 1/4 turn throttle at speed in first and your up real fast. 2nd 1/2 throttle power up.
With a passenger in 2nd gear. I shifted early out of first, positioned my self lower, nailed the throttle expecting just to go fast but the thing unexpectantly shot up faster that it would in first gear carrying a passenger on stock gearing.

Acceleration is just monsterous. Just from coming off the clutch in first you move out alot more looks like you are racing off the line went you are just cruising to 40mph.

What else can I say, its just amazing. OH btw I have GOLD EK ZVM2 and gold rear sprocket. looks cool.

cool.gif

I liked 16-42 when I had the bike.
Like the boost in acceleration.
Next bike will be stock or 18-40 with the power to back it up.
mad.gif

So are you for or against it? Not sure what you are trying to say with this info:

here is a comparison of stock gearing and 16/42
stock:
1,2,3,4,5,6 gears
16/42:
.5,1,2,3,4,5 gears

ME LIKEY 16/42!!!

My Comparo... Stock is like a mature 30ish year old... can get crazy when he wants... 16/42 (esprcially with a full exhaust) is like an 11 year old with ADHD... "I wanna wheelie!! I wanna wheelie!!! "
biggrin.gif

PS... I have ADHD
laugh.gif

ME LIKEY 16/42!!!

My Comparo... Stock is like a mature 30ish year old... can get crazy when he wants... 16/42 (esprcially with a full exhaust) is like an 11 year old with ADHD... "I wanna wheelie!! I wanna wheelie!!! "
biggrin.gif

PS... I have ADHD
laugh.gif
Rytalin and sportbikes intersting combo?

What is your freeway 75MPH cruise RPM with 16/42?

<!--EDIT|bigoltool
Reason for Edit: "I'm an idiot 12-&gt;16 same thing right?"|1156107919 -->

ME LIKEY 16/42!!!

biggrin.gif

PS... I have ADHD
laugh.gif
Rytalin and sportbikes intersting combo?

What is your freeway 75MPH cruise RPM with 12/42?
12/42?
rock.gif

I like that idea... SUPER WHEELIE ACTION!!!
tounge.gif

Can't remember off the top of my head... I'm thinking between 5-6000. I'll check in a few.

How much change have you noticed in fuel economy? I want to do the 16/42...or maybe just 16/40....but I like the fact that I can go 170 miles and still have plenty of fuel left....

My 16/42 combo is getting a computer estimated 28ish with how I ride. That's speedohealed with a full BDE exhaust... and frequent full throttle applicatins.
biggrin.gif

dayum, man-I got 38-40mpg on my ride, even 2-up was 36-37mpgs...are you runnin rich? I switched to reg. unleaded 87 octane and got an instant 4mpg boost!
(but I also weigh like 100lbs less!)
tounge.gif

If you ride long distances on your Busa then you don't want 16/42. If you ride in the mountains, ride twisties or trackdays, then the 16/42 is a great gear combo. I ran this combo for 1.5years straight and realize that it's a matter of how much of a tolerance you have for rpm's. I found it put me in the right gear for my ride, whereas before with the stock gearing, i was constantly up/down shifting because my speed range put me between gears 3-4. The 16/42 can be a fine everyday combo and i suggest anyone doing it. You can run the stock chain length and it only takes about an hour to swap it out.

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156099457 -->

16/42 lovin it. like any mod learn how to use it. or it will hurt you

dayum, man-I got 38-40mpg on my ride, even 2-up was 36-37mpgs...are you runnin rich? I switched to reg. unleaded 87 octane and got an instant 4mpg boost!
(but I also weigh like 100lbs less!)
tounge.gif
Do you have a speedohealer? If not, it still thinks you have stock gearing and are going farther on less fuel.
wink.gif

Honestly, I'd only go with a 38 if you do ALOT of interstate riding.

got it.

I have one I got in a trade and I hadnt heard any rumbles around that number.

ive got 18/38 and its great on the highway. very smooth ride. only bad thing is that i cant wheelie it when i want to
sad.gif
had to get it up to 8k in first gear and pop the clutch just to get it to come up slowly like a power wheelie.

38t, i would guess it will save you some gas and stretch the gears out a little more.if you wont low end or bottom end which ever, you need a higher gear in the rear like 42t and up!!!
jump9.gif

Back