1535 streetable?

My Busa is 1525cc and it is very streetable. Run dual fans, distilled water, water wetter, dex cool anti freeze and the the Honda fan switch the turns the fan on sooner

Why do the big bore kit bikes run hot? Other than the stated cooling add ons...is it just the nature of the stock block?

That's not true.....the one I'm looking at is a 1397 cylinder so it's only 4mil over.....it's a stroker so more chamber. More combustion creates more heat.....has to go somewhere. Thanks gixx I'm considering it. Afraid that the 100+ scorching hot days in July will be to much for her and I don't want to miss out on any ride time

That's not true.....the one I'm looking at is a 1397 cylinder so it's only 4mil over.....it's a stroker so more chamber. More combustion creates more heat.....has to go somewhere. Thanks gixx I'm considering it. Afraid that the 100+ scorching hot days in July will be to much for her and I don't want to miss out on any ride time

There's a big difference in a 1397 strokers cylinder walls and a bored and stroked 1535.
The cylinder walls are very thin on a 1535...as the pistons are much bigger, and yes, produce more heat.
I'de like to see a high mileage street ridden 1500+cc Busa. There's a reason they're mainly drag raced, as they are torn down and rebuilt as needed.
See how long those thin cylinders like the heat and hard runs.

This bike has a 1397 kit and a 6mil crank though so there's no difference in the walls just concerned it will run to hot

i tried to explain this.......

the cc is not just the size of the piston/cylinder it is the bore x stroke

this 1535 has 1397 pistons and cylinders but has a different crank.... much like a 1441 is a gen 2 crank and gen 1 1397 cylinders......this is a different crank altogether giving even more stroke creating more cc space......thats why i kept saying stroker

the reason it runs hot is because in a stock there is 1299 cc to combust....causing 1299 cc of heat....in a 1535 there is 1535 cc to combust causing that much more heat.....the heat has to go somewhere

i am concerned, not for riding on the street, but for sitting at stop lights and in traffic im afraid shes gonna get warm quick

Experts will be along but the 1535 is suppose to be hard on bearings. Not an expert.

Any 84 mm bore will run hot,and if you add the fact of the abuse from a 6mm stroker, the problem is that it wont really run hotter than a regular 84 mm kit, it comes to the abuse on the lower end.
Just like a 1507. plan on a tear down every year, just for measurements!

this 1535 has 1397 pistons and cylinders but has a different crank.... much like a 1441 is a gen 2 crank and gen 1 1397 cylinders......this is a different crank altogether giving even more stroke creating more cc space......thats why i kept saying stroker

the reason it runs hot is because in a stock there is 1299 cc to combust....causing 1299 cc of heat....in a 1535 there is 1535 cc to combust causing that much more heat.....the heat has to go somewhere

i am concerned, not for riding on the street, but for sitting at stop lights and in traffic im afraid shes gonna get warm quick

There is a good saying to add here, there is no replacement for displacement,, Except every winter plan on Mo Money!

thank you, lol you made my decision for me....i want a 1397 and im willing to take the top end apart to look at rings and what not.....but id rather not do a full tear down so i think ill stay away

I was gonna do a 1507 but after MUCH Debate along with people hating on it as a streetable bike (Not saying any names here John but I think you know who I'm talking about) :lol: And my cousin. Just sayin. I took the advice, maybe you should too. Or do what you want to do! Its your bike! :thumbsup:

i just want a street/strip bike lol im parting out my 1397 so id like a 1441 or maybe a gen2 with carpenter head and big shot who knows ill figure it out lol

I know how to figure displacement.
Perhaps you should have been more specicfic in what you exactly had and what you where going to use.

Back