1535 cams

1397busadk

Registered
hi

I am getting ready to build a 1535 motor for drag race but is unsure what cams should I use? I have some web cams In , 425, 395 ex, 378

would in ,425, ex ,378 work?

jesper

ask the person doing the head porting they shoukd match

Hi
He is sadly not here anymore and everything I know about the head is that it is "fully ported" it was what he called it?

there is no engine builders here in denmark, so I always make my own engines and adjust them on the track, but has little doubt about the cams.

my engine now is a 1397 ccm with in,395 ex,378 cams and it is running 5,48 sek 127mph in the 1/8 with a 692 ibs combo I dont know the rwhp but I think +200 rwhp

jesper

Jesper,

That stroker is going to like the added duration of the 425 intake - no inbetweens on that . Depending on the head, it might not need anymore cam than that anyway. Just hard to say.

Difficult thinking a reply like this all the way through being where you live but, depending on finances , quickest lowest cost way vs selling the cams and starting new try the 425-378. Set both cam centerlines high for starters . Bring the intake down if launch needs managed. It might be tough bettering your 1/8 mile times you already have because it's the 1/8.

I have a question - does it cost less for you to buy a set of WebCams because of not having to ship in the cam cores ? have you checked Megacycle , Kent in the UK and the Tornado Racing cams from GroBewachter?

Got a pic of your bike so to get a better idea what you have and anything about the clutch, wheelbase, fuel system and exhaust system you want to tell about?

Jesper,

That stroker is going to like the added duration of the 425 intake - no inbetweens on that . Depending on the head, it might not need anymore cam than that anyway. Just hard to say.

Difficult thinking a reply like this all the way through being where you live but, depending on finances , quickest lowest cost way vs selling the cams and starting new try the 425-378. Set both cam centerlines high for starters . Bring the intake down if launch needs managed. It might be tough bettering your 1/8 mile times you already have because it's the 1/8.

I have a question - does it cost less for you to buy a set of WebCams because of not having to ship in the cam cores ? have you checked Megacycle , Kent in the UK and the Tornado Racing cams from GroBewachter?

Got a pic of your bike so to get a better idea what you have and anything about the clutch, wheelbase, fuel system and exhaust system you want to tell about?

Hi

The webcams I have is some that I bought on ebay , If I have to ship the cam cores to the us the costs will be 100-200$ , I have not tryed any other cams , but I will try any cams in my engine !!

bike setup.

68" (173 cm)
Hays T3
W&H indy sidewinder
walbro 255l fuel pump billet fuel rail , stock injectors
PC3 usb + EE
Revalved stock shock by BMC

I need to run 5,2 in the 1/8 !!!

Thanks for all your help

IMAG0217.jpg

I see it's serious and most of it's there . Check your Personal Messages incase you don't want the guys you race against knowing what you got

on my 6.25 / 84 set up, I run a set of custom megacycle cams. This is at 13.8:1, the long dwell of the crank will like the extra lift and duration.

.443/.415

cam set up.

I can't go into too much more information than that, sorry. But you get the idea.

Back