What's a 1535 bike worth?

Hit Man

Registered
What would a 1535 motor with a carpenter head and a full chassis, 2 ecus, 2 extended arms, air shifter, and enough parts to build 2 bikes be worth? The bike ran 8.10s on a 100 shot with a hand clutch and a non jockey sized rider.

how much are they asking? it's only worth what you feel it is. What does full chassis mean? it comes with a frame? Is someone looking to dump everything they've got (2 ecu's, 2 arms)? Lots of questions before a price can be negotiated...

how much are they asking? it's only worth what you feel it is. What does full chassis mean? it comes with a frame? Is someone looking to dump everything they've got (2 ecu's, 2 arms)? Lots of questions before a price can be negotiated...
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes 1 motor and full frame,front and rear ends 2 arms and 2 of everything else. It needs a lockup or slider b/c the stock clutch is going with it. Basicly he is dumping the whole grudge bike with spare parts. Does 5 grand sound fair?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes 1 motor and full frame,front and rear ends 2 arms and 2 of everything else. It needs a lockup or slider b/c the stock clutch is going with it. Basicly he is dumping the whole grudge bike with spare parts. Does 5 grand sound fair?
Posted via Mobile Device

Depends on the condition and how many passes have been made on that motor.

It could be ready for a total rebuild depending on how many passes have been made!

The bigger the motor the higher the maintenance costs!

Posted via Mobile Device
Cool, my friend is thinking about buying it and rebuilding it with new bearings, rings, and gaskets. The fork and tree has been converted to a gixxer setup as well as the swingarm and rear shock. This is the whole thing from the head light to the tail light . I'm not a stroker man, I think they have too many bearing problems too.

Last edited:
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you have any pics?

$5k for all of that sounds stolen or someone REALLY hurting for cash... ???

does sound stolen. 5k for a grudge motor and a quarter of the extra stuff sounds normal. maybe the economy has just gotten that bad.

Do you have any pics?

$5k for all of that sounds stolen or someone REALLY hurting for cash... ???

haha ummm stolen....what no ummm stolen...um yep I'm going again with stolen:rofl::rofl: Seriously maybe not but I highly doubt its legit.....the damn motor is worth 5K

If the price seems to good to be true (which it does) it probably is. I know when I go against my better judgment I usually regret it later???.

The bike isn't stolen, everything is used and in seperate boxes. The guy is broke like the rest of Floridians. Foreclosures are spreading here like the the plague. Florida's economy has been that bad. There is a ton of stuff for sale locally dirt cheap. I have a friend with a car tube chassis that he can't even get $2000 for . I make 1/4 of what I use to make so I can't take advantage of the good deals that I have been seeing.

I make 1/4 of what I use to make so I can't take advantage of the good deals that I have been seeing.

Yeah im going to start looking for a good truck preferably a Tundra. Hoping when i get moving to do a bit of traveling around to take advantage of people trying to get rid of stuff cheap.

5k for the motor would only be if it were freshened up. As for stroker engine bearings, that's ben a non issue for some time now. Way back when there were problems but the cranks have been redesigned. After two years of use I just checked the bearings on my 8.5 stroker and they were fine.

5k for the motor would only be if it were freshened up. As for stroker engine bearings, that's ben a non issue for some time now. Way back when there were problems but the cranks have been redesigned. After two years of use I just checked the bearings on my 8.5 stroker and they were fine.
Posted via Mobile Device

Heck if I could sell my Turbo motor I would buy this thing in a heartbeat and part it out. I could settle for a 190hp motor now just to avoid the slow down time of a major build. A carbed street Busa would be my best combo. I'm fed up with working around a slow tuners schedule I just want something simple that I can tune myself and hit with a 100 shot every now and then.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back