1414.2 Miles This Weekend and I hurt

00busaTX

aegri somnia, and proud member of P. E. A.
Donating Member
Registered
So On Friday I left the house early so that I could get in a half day of work before heading out. At 11:30 my wife came by to give me my full suit, tank bag, and backpack. I loaded up the Camel Pack and it was off to New Orleans. I did that part of the trip with ease. it was around 540 miles and the bike was happy. I got to see an old friend of mine, his girl, and his 4 year old boy. Great times. We got up on Sat and went down to Bourbon St, had a beer (only one and I didn't leave for another 4 hours after that). We had some great food and it was off to get Jules and Doc for a short ride.

I got to Gulf Port MS and they (Jules and Doc) were getting gas. I lined up beside them and chatted while the filled the tanks and it was off to see BlondeonaBusa and Randy. This was fun although Doc tried to make others kill me and I could not flag them down to pull over. This was needed because I still had my sun glasses on and the sun was no where to be found. So I just pulled them down and kept riding. We got to Dawn and Randy's house and I was happy to sit back and relax.

Dawn did a Shrimp boil and Randy was happy to see the Gallon of Jim Beam that I brought him from Texas. I owed him from the last trip. We went to bed at around 2:00 am and when I got up at 9, Randy and Dawn had cleaned my chain and helmet. We went out for some Cracker Barrel and it was home for me. I left Mobile at 12:00 noon, rode hard with as little stops as possible and got in at 9:30 pm. I showered, ate, and crashed.

Now I sit at work, and yes, I drove my truck to work today :laugh:

Thank you Doc, Lules, Randy and Dawn. You are some of the best people I know, and I am thankful that you still want me around after seeing me hammered a few times. LOL

Thanks again.

Sounds like fun. :thumbsup:

Maybe we should ride to the bash next fall... :poke:

So, when you go to sleep after that, and close your eyes, what do you see and what do you hear?

:thumbsup:

So, when you go to sleep after that, and close your eyes, what do you see and what do you hear?

:thumbsup:

The back of my eyelids and a slight constant drone in my ears. :laugh:

it was a hard ride and I bet you would do it again today if you could...

:worthless::worthless:

A ride like that and no pics :rulez: :corner:

That seems a little redundant and over exuberant of you. I did take a few pics that do not contain the bike, therefor irrelevant in this posting experience.

But hey I do have this one.. I reset the mileage after work so add 13.6 and remember it rolled over. Also I averaged 41.6 mpg.

Miles.jpg

Mike, It was great seening you and riding with you to Mobile,AL. Sorry about the a#$ that was in the Lexus but I just couldn't let him pass me. It was great to see Dawn/Randy, thank you guys for dinner the Shrimp,corn and taters where awesome :thumbsup:. Glad you made it back in one piece buddy.

Back