Thanks to MC Mustang and Redline Stands!!!!!

09BusaDrvr

Registered
Ok...here is the story behind the title:

A few months ago I went to a track day at Barber and ended up leaving my rear stand there. D'OH!! Randy and Dawn were nice enough to grab it for me and hold on to it until the bash. Well, I got weathered in and couldn't make the bash and the rear stand got in the hands of MC Mustang (Shawn) and I was ok with that because he needed one and it really wasn't that big of a deal. Shawn absolutely INSISTED that he make things right by replacing my old, crusty, beat up stand with a new one from Ian. Even after my attempts to refuse his kindness, it showed up on my doorstep today.

Let this thread serve a couple of purposes: 1) To thank Shawn for his extreme good kindness..after all, this whole ordeal was my fault. 2) To show what great people we have on this .org 3) To show that the greatness extends to our sponsors, because the stand is a really great product. 4) To show off my Busa...sexy beast ain't she :)

redline_stand.jpg

That is a great story and shows the kind of thing the Org. stands for (no pun).

Way to go Dawn, Randy, Shawn & Ian. :bowdown:

Bubba

For the Paul Harvey version - those who were there rememeber that we had several bikes up on stands around the clinic... we ran out of stands... at some point one of the stands from Randy's trailer was used and not returned... you might remember a thread that Dawn posted where she thought that the stand had been stolen... long story short, I have an extra rear stand, a sponsor got some business, Dawn got peace of mind and you got a great product at a good price! We are all winners - all the way around. I do feel bad about how long it took me to get you taken care of, but I am glad you recieved it and she looks great!

MCM

Shawn is one of the most upstanding people I know!:bowdown: He will never let ya down and is honest to his word.

Also want to mention what a great guy Ian at Redline stands is too. You will not find a nicer guy who makes a great product. If your ever in the need for bike stands he's the go to guy. :thumbsup:

Win / win situation for all!!:cheerleader:

Ian at Redline is a great guy to work with. I bought one of his first generation rear stands with casters on the bottom to move the bike around when parked in the garage. This was back when I was riding a Gixxer 600 and the rear pegs were a bit higher than they are on the 2008 Busa. When I went to use the stand on the Busa, it would not work because the wheels made the stand too high and the leverage was not there to raise the rear of the bike.

I emailed Ian about possible solutions and within 45 minutes he had 3 choices back to me. I ended up mounting lower profile casters on the front part of the stand and leaving the rear center caster as it was. This set up has been working for months now without any problems at all.

Awesome! Just Awesome! The bike.... The people... and yes the Redline Stands! Shawn is a GREAT Dude to know and a GREAT guy to meet in person! Way to go Shawn!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back