12R or Busa???

crepitus

Registered
ok i am back again with a few more questions. i had the post about the 03 AE busa. i sat on an 03 Zx12R leftover at the dearer and i felt it had a bit more leg room then the busa. i am 6'1". do you guys feel the 12 has more leg room? now i have to make my decision on which bike to get. the busa was always my first choice. but now i am thinking. Comfort is my #1 thing. the sales person at the dealership said that if i got different pegs, without the rubber it would drop them about 3/4" but sales people will say anything. does that mod sound right?

oh and on another not what happened to the search key? or am i blind and just dont see it?

Both are good bikes. Get the bike that fits you best. You are the one that is going to ride it not someone else. We could give you 1,000's of reasons why the Busa is better. Hey this is a Busa Board.
wow.gif
You need to test the fit and ride for yourself.

I never sat on a 12R, but I'm also 6'4" and don't have the footpeg mod done to my Busa and find it to be extrememly comfortable. I couldn't imagine a bike with more room for my legs.
smile.gif

see the bikes werent at the same dealership. maybe i need to find a place that has them both and go from one right to the other.

I put gixxer 1k pegs on my busa and it lowered the pegs by ATLEAST that much.

ok i am back again with a few more questions.  i had the post about the 03 AE busa.  i sat on an 03 Zx12R leftover at the dearer and i felt it had a bit more leg room then the busa.  i am 6'1".  do you guys feel the 12 has more leg room?  now i have to make my decision on which bike to get.  the busa was always my first choice.  but now i am thinking.  Comfort is my #1 thing.  the sales person at the dealership said that if i got different pegs, without the rubber it would drop them about 3/4"  but sales people will say anything.  does that mod sound right?

oh and on another not what happened to the search key?  or am i blind and just dont see it?
I've ridin' both, a few times.

Busa is comfy. ZX is comfy too. about the same.

Busa hauls my housemouse around all the time.ZX sucks for carring passengers. Thats the bottom line. Tell the salesman to go get fugged.

At 6'1" (same as me) yer not gonna notice that much diff...if you were taller, you might.

The brakes ARE better,for some reason,on the 12,even thou they are both 6 pot Tokico's.

The 12 is HORRID on fuel... laps it up like a 15 dollar hooker on a Friday night.

The 12 handles maybe a pinch better, shorter wheelbase I believe.

The 12 does however have that shiddy lookin' vaccum cleaner attachment sittin' up front below the nose.

The Busa looks ten times better...(personal choice)

the list could go on an' on...but yer deal seemed to be comfort.

When I ride the 12, I feel like my feet are a little lower... but I also feel my hands sit lower too(not a good thing for comfort).

Take yer tape measure to the local dealerships.

measure the triangle.

Bars to seat, seat to pegs, pegs to bars...

and bars to floor...for a reference point.

hav a comfy(less powered 1...on that 12) RSD.

rubbersidedown you made a few good points with added humor. i do ride with my lady a bit and the comfort was her concern. it doesnt look to comfy on that perch.

Have never ridden a 12, but would second the comments about you being the deciding factor. Don't let anyone here or on any 12 board sway you into making the decision. You have to be comfortable with it (both the bike and the decision).

Both are good bikes.  Get the bike that fits you best.  You are the one that is going to ride it not someone else.  We could give you 1,000's of reasons why the Busa is better.  Hey this is  a Busa Board.  
wow.gif
 You need to test the fit and ride for yourself.
Second that....
wink.gif

I personally prefer the looks of the Busa though
biggrin.gif

i have both,they are both quite comfy,rsd is pretty much right on the mark,at lower speeds,below 50 the 12 will put more pressure on your wrists,and the ride on the busa is just a bit more plush

After riding Ninjas since 85, I was torn between a 12 or a Busa. I took both for a long ride, and with no regrets I chose the Busa. Each bike has different qualities, but I guess it's the size of the smile that counts.
smile.gif

i wish i could try both of them. i dont know anyone with either of these bikes and the dealers around here dont let you test ride.

rubbersidedown you made a few good points with added humor.  i do ride with my lady a bit and the comfort was her concern.  it doesnt look to comfy on that perch.
that I can vouch for the(2 up aspect). My bud just sold his 12 for that very reason....they don't haul a pillion very well at all.

dont let this get out... but...

he bought a BMW.

ya, he's still my friend...... barely.

But I have nick-named him Baron Von Ugaly Skhooter
pronounced: vun ugly scooter

hav a zx free 1.... RSD.

The only person who can make this choice are you.
Think well.
wow....now that was insightful.

good thing bandwidth ain't cheap...
laugh.gif

hav a less knowledgeable 1.... thx Rycardo.

Rycardo... thats a drink isn't it...

Take 2 parts Rye, mix in 1 jigger Bacardi, then add 4 ounces of... DOH...

The 12 doesn't have the aura the busa does...

Everyone has heard of the Fastest bike in all the land.

Only biker enthusiasts heard of a ZX-12R?

I've ridden both. I'm 5'9", so leg room isn't the main concern (touching the ground is). I like the feel of the Busa because I sit lower on the bike. I feel like I'm part of the bike (Busa), not "on top" of the bike (ZX12). On the ZX12 I felt like I was leaning more to the front, putting more weight on my arms. The Busa is longer and smoother on power. The ZX12 had plenty of power, but it was a bit more touchie in the lower RPMs than the Busa. I would prefer the ZX12 if I was track riding it, but the Busa is a better fit for an everyday rider for me.

You'll have to choose for yourself, but consider how you'll be spending most of the time on it.

beerchug.gif

Back