10 lbs of buffalo wings

monster

Wherever I May Roam
Donating Member
Registered
Decided to make some wings today.  I called 7 or 8 different stores and found 'em for $1.04/lb so I bought 10 lbs.  I mix cayenne pepper with flour, roll the wings in it and fry them up crisp.

DSCF0052.jpg

DSCF0053.jpg

After that I mix them up with some Frank's Wing Sauce.  I used to make it from scratch but this stuff is just as good and way easier.  If it isn't hot enough for ya, add some Tabasco.

DSCF0054.jpg

Then I spread them out on a couple baking stones and bake them for about 20 min on 475 and this is what you end up with

DSCF0055.jpg

And we have a ton left for lunch tomorrow.  
beerchug.gif

Wings look great but where did you get that hot oil thermometer you have on the side of your frying pan? Cool gadget!!

(rlachermeier @ Nov. 04 2006,21:59) Wings look great but where did you get that hot oil thermometer you have on the side of your frying pan?  Cool gadget!!
any cooking store - it's actually used for candy making. I only use it at first until the oil gets hot so I don't space, then I put it away.

Dang they look delicious!! I have never had Hot Wings that I couldn't handle. Granted I have also been known to eat Habineros.

You are a dik.... Hahaha. I have a few packages if wing drumettes in the freezer for this afternoon. I like them convection broiled with cajun seasoning or lemon pepper and a good hot sauce.

I started to get major saliva build up in my mouth just from looking at the pics.
!0 LBS...... Kev,you're nutz!!

never post pictures of food when we are hungry. if you lived just a little bit closer to me guess where i would be at for lunch today.

like the way you put down aluminum foil for the grease splatter. Thats the one thing my wife hates about me cooking the mess I leave. My take is if I cook the least you can do is clean up.
beerchug.gif

I know what I'm having for lunch now. They're not homemade but I do have a bag of premade hotwings in the freezer. 8 mins in the microwave and they're done. Yours look a lot better though
bowdown.gif
beerchug.gif

Back