$10,000 in mods... is it possible...

I dont understand the whole "cant be said on the internet" thing, its obviously not a grudge bike so whats there to hide?

Might have a grand or so wrapped up in the swing arm, unless its got a whole lot of motor work done (hell think im almost 5gs in mine already)

Is the frame chrome? If he payed retail for all that stuff and it all legit stuff I bet it could get close to 10k.
Re paint 2.5k
exhaust 1k
Wheels 600
Swingarm 1k

Then add all the little crap and if hes counting new stuff like chain tires brakes etc. then maybe motor work?

The ad is kinda dumb though, maybe he meant to much to list instead of can't be listed.

I'm sure he dropped it off stock, and picked it up a month later with 10k missing from his bank account. :laugh:

Well my buddy had his 02 Yamaha r1 stolen 2 months ago. Well we found a 03 Yamaha r1 last week and picked it up Saturday. On our way home my buddy said he had to defend my honor. I guess when they where in the bank having the title stamped the guy was telling him about all the bikes he has beat. Said he took down a busa. My buddy said well thats BS because the guy outside rides a busa and I couldn't touch him. So is the cool new thing is to say its a busa killer?

" Fastest streetlegal bike on earth!!!!!-----(bragging rights). Eat up and spit out busa's like nothing!!! "
Woow, that 12r is going to eat my busa. 30,000 worth of mods !! Are they ?????

Anything is possible. If he paid someone else to do everything, prices do vary considerably on parts as to where and from who you buy them. It's possible he lost 10 grand upgrading his stock Busa to what he has pictured below. Hard to tell since not a single thing is listed, maybe it has motor work, advanced electronics, data logger, transmission work. No telling where the money went :dunno:

If you pay a shop rate for someone else to do the work and pay shop prices for the parts you can spend $10,000 pretty quick.

i don't see that either but regardless is not a bad price he is asking..
at least he did not ask 15k for it!!!:laugh::laugh:

The thing most people tend to forget is that just because you paid "X" amount of dollars for something doesnt mean that its worth that much to someone else............ There are words like inflation, depreciation, and ripped off that play a big factor :whistle:

Well my buddy had his 02 Yamaha r1 stolen 2 months ago. Well we found a 03 Yamaha r1 last week and picked it up Saturday. On our way home my buddy said he had to defend my honor. I guess when they where in the bank having the title stamped the guy was telling him about all the bikes he has beat. Said he took down a busa. My buddy said well thats BS because the guy outside rides a busa and I couldn't touch him. So is the cool new thing is to say its a busa killer?

Riding a busa is (stretch) kinda like being Michael Jordon... Every punk in a jersey thinks he has something special and can beat you....
Rule... Busa'a rule the street... very very very few cars,bikes,trucks,aircraft... will ever break that rule...
But much like banging the prom queen, alot of guys will lie about having done it...

Riding a busa is (stretch) kinda like being Michael Jordon... Every punk in a jersey thinks he has something special and can beat you....
Rule... Busa'a rule the street... very very very few cars,bikes,trucks,aircraft... will ever break that rule...
But much like banging the prom queen, alot of guys will lie about having done it...

It's all in the rider.
Most any of the new 1000's will take you out too(R1s don't count:laugh:).
Watch out.:beerchug:

Back