$10,000 in mods... is it possible...

ok.... What 1000's are running fast as gen 2 busa's? (genuine interest was not trying to come off cocky. I said I race alot, so I've raced enough to lose too... If a bike is faster then it will beat me, if its not then it usually doesn't)

ok.... What 1000's are running fast as gen 2 busa's? (genuine interest was not trying to come off cocky. I said I race alot, so I've raced enough to lose too... If a bike is faster then it will beat me, if its not then it usually doesn't)

The newer gsxr1000s and the new zx10 is a monster. If anyone around you has enough money the new BMW 1000 will hurt a gen2 busa bad. If the 1000 has a good rider it will win 9 out of 10 times

The newer gsxr1000s and the new zx10 is a monster. If anyone around you has enough money the new BMW 1000 will hurt a gen2 busa bad. If the 1000 has a good rider it will win 9 out of 10 times

Hold on what? So equal riders (not a good rider on the 1000 and a clown on the busa) and the gsxr-1000 beats the busa down the 1/4? ??? (serious question I did not know this)
If this is the case why is the battle for fastest production bike always ZX14 vs Busa?

I see where the cost is.... He is a buyer for the gov. He paid 500 for the oil filter, 2500 for the chain.... And so on...

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Hold on what? So equal riders (not a good rider on the 1000 and a clown on the busa) and the gsxr-1000 beats the busa down the 1/4? ??? (serious question I did not know this)
If this is the case why is the battle for fastest production bike always ZX14 vs Busa?

Well in street racing the 1000s have it because its not so critical on takeoffs. If you look at most models the zx14 and busa are governed to 188mph. If you look up a 2008 gsxr1000 top speed is at like 185mph. Suzuki did this so the busa was still fastest just not by much like when the busa first came out. Now if your dragging racing on a track yes busas and 14s are king because it's easier to get outta the hole.

Well in street racing the 1000s have it because its not so critical on takeoffs. If you look at most models the zx14 and busa are governed to 188mph. If you look up a 2008 gsxr1000 top speed is at like 185mph. Suzuki did this so the busa was still fastest just not by much like when the busa first came out. Now if your dragging racing on a track yes busas and 14s are king because it's easier to get outta the hole.

Note to self... Start turbo shopping.... :banghead:

He is unfortunately right the new S1000RR will kill us no matter what busa it is gen 1 unrestricted or gen 2 Ive raced a rich boy by my house with one and im sad to say he was 50 lbs heavier and beat me by half a motorcycle length lol

I spent around 5-6k smartly shopping so yes I can see 10k easy in mods. Whether or not the one has it is another thing.

" Fastest streetlegal bike on earth!!!!!-----(bragging rights). Eat up and spit out busa's like nothing!!! "
Woow, that 12r is going to eat my busa. 30,000 worth of mods !! Are they ?????

You never know today. I saw like an 90 something gsxr1100 at Blais cycle than had over 210hp to the wheels. Looked completely old and stock and yes it will beat Busas. So you just can't tell these days.

On a track in the 1/4 the busa should and in most cases dominate a liter bike. But if your talking street racing down a highway or carving up a canyon road a skilled rider on a liter bike will hold thier own and hurt some feelings :laugh:

On a track in the 1/4 the busa should and in most cases dominate a liter bike. But if your talking street racing down a highway or carving up a canyon road a skilled rider on a liter bike will hold thier own and hurt some feelings :laugh:

You need to go to a MIROCK race, you will gain a newfound respect for a 1k... there are many 7 second ones out there.. I have a STOCK MOTORED NITROUS 04 1k here, I wish a busa would think about jumping on it in the 1/4 mile....Valve cover never been off of it..I don't care if busa has nitrous either.

You need to go to a MIROCK race, you will gain a newfound respect for a 1k... there are many 7 second ones out there.. I have a STOCK MOTORED NITROUS 04 1k here, I wish a busa would think about jumping on it in the 1/4 mile....Valve cover never been off of it..I don't care if busa has nitrous either.

What is done to the 04 1000?

Back