Is it possible?

StrtRac3r

Registered
I my buddy is selling his 03 1k. It is salvaged, and he has bst's on it. Which wont really increase the value due to the salvage. He offered me to buy them for 500$.

So is it at all possible to use these on my 02? I saw an old thread about 05 wheels and how to make them work on a busa.....

Any input is appreciated (or links to other threads)

Where there's a will there's always a way...... Finding or fabricating the right axle spacers etc. Also the thickness of the rotors vs the busa and how the calipers will have to mount up. If there isn't a thread on here about it I'm sure there is 1 on the Psychobike forum. Good luck :beerchug:

For $500, there must be a way. Even if you have to pay a machine shop for spacers and source rotor and shime calipers, your in for a $1k tops, I would. Heck, even for wall art Id buy em!

Worse case, you sell em to someone else and split the money with your buddy for givig you the deal, winners all around.

Rooster Rider007 said:
For $500, there must be a way. Even if you have to pay a machine shop for spacers and source rotor and shime calipers, your in for a $1k tops, I would. Heck, even for wall art Id buy em!

Worse case, you sell em to someone else and split the money with your buddy for givig you the deal, winners all around.

That's my thoughts too. But id prefer them on the bike lol.

#1busa said:
Where there's a will there's always a way...... Finding or fabricating the right axle spacers etc. Also the thickness of the rotors vs the busa and how the calipers will have to mount up. If there isn't a thread on here about it I'm sure there is 1 on the Psychobike forum. Good luck :beerchug:

Ill prolly join that forum. Haven't been on there except the random google searches that end up there.

I cant imagine there are different wheels, only different spacers for each model, less the single sided stuff. Im not carbon Fiber expert, I failed that class, but if they dont incorporate the metal spacers or hubs when they mold the wheels, it should be interchangeable? Maybe a call to BST would help?

The reason I said psychobike is cause most of them guys on there drag and its all about light n fast with them. That's where I got the idea to put R1 rims on my busa. There was a guy on the forum that machines the axle and spacers to fit for years now with no issues. If it can be done somebody on there has done it and can point you in the right direction. Worst case scenario is you might have to swap out your front end with that of a 1K but for the price your getting them BST's for your still gonna save thousands

Sry I haven't replied. Been a busy day.

Bst says you can re use the hub, not the carbon blank. So no hub swap.

I am about to check out that other forum.

And I have seen accidents with these wheels. And "reports" of them coming apart or breaking unexpectedly. But carbon is pretty strong, and it would take more to crack a "street" bst than it would to bend aluminum. I also have a feeling some of these incidents are with their race wheel. They are thinner and lighter. But only meant for the smooth track not street.

Back