Another Possible New Owner

yesitsdon

Registered
Hey guys! What's your impression on this bike? I've communicated with the owner and he indicated it fell off a bike lift (pictures provided) which resulted in the salvage rebuilt title. He also mentioned that it's a 1440 (work done before he bought it) so I'm planning to go see it tomrw. He has owned it for 3 years and has not tracked it even though it appears to be setup like a track monster (maybe her previous life) and it runs exceptionally good. He seems to be firm on the $4500 but there is always hope. I know he's asking retail for a 2K gen1 and I'm still pulling in details but if the paperwork is in order and everything is functioning properly, you think it's worth the price?

Last edited by a moderator:
I promise officer I never ever go or 55 on my busa and I've never been on the track with my air shifter.....

I would look for a stock Busa,that bike looks butchered and a Gen1 with a "1440" is most likely a 1397 w a Gen2 crank. Anyone who spends the money on that engine combo,long arm,air shifter,etc is guaranteed to be going WTFO more then he is cruising around on it. Find another Busa:whistle:

I never ride my 1441 wtfo lol , But really without knowing what's in the bike and who built it it's a can of worms , add in the rebuilt title and I would say NO

Thanks for the advise guys so I'm still looking and have found another 2K gen1 in my price range (negotiable) and it has a clean title! The owner seems like a cool, straight-up guy (I believe he's the 3rd owner). He's had the bike for a year and indicated that it needs a chain but everything else is good to go. With 33k, I'm thinking maybe a sprocket, too. He's not sure if the fuel pump has been replaced, trans shifts solid, no starter problems (I have to ask if it has an HD battery) and no subframe issues (not sure how you thoroughly check that). The sidewinder pipe is hopefully just for show. lol It had an airshifter but has been removed and disabled so I'm thinking it had to see a strip at some point but it's hopefully been maintained well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya,track bike or a poser either way be cautious buying any used bike(especially one that is 16yrs old)with repainted fairings. 9 out of 10x that means its been crashed and not repaired with new fairings. OEM Suzuki plastics are expensive so most people who crash slap on junky fairings and have them painted. Personally,I would never consider a re-painted bike no matter how good the paint job is.
And,most stretched/lowered bikes have been abused at the drag strip or on the street so keep that in mind..clutch hub/basket can have issues on a bike this old and w that many miles if its been launched repeatedly. Just something to remember when negotiating a price.
Also,the 99/00 Busa's had a recall for the cam chain tensioner. Id make sure it was done and ask for verification.

I cant believe the junk bikes people ask top dollar for. 16yr old repainted ratty ass Gen1 for $5000. And a repainted ratty ass blue Gen1 for $5900...Man if thats the case I can sell mine for $35000:banana:

I see this is a rough crowd but you guys tell it like it is. I'm going to avoid repainted bikes but as oldgixxer noticed, the stretched style appeals to me. The Busa def is a niche bike and owners are trying to take advantage of that, especially with modded ones. If you think these prices are bad, go check out some early year harley prices. lol

I'm checking into that Hartford bike, that's almost like unicorn status with those miles and price.

Mint,original,low mile Gen1's are out there you just have to take time and search. They pop up regularly but end up selling pretty quickly. Finding a stock,un-modded Gen1 is getting harder and harder every year.

Well the search continues. My better half stated that there was no way in "Hell" that we were traveling 10 hours for a motorcycle! LOL

Back