1 piece suit?

JackFast

Banned
What can you people tell me about 1 piece suits?
Are they worth the money?
Does any one know of any good web site links that has good deals on 1 piece suits?

What do you mean "you people" ?:rofl: if I were racing I would prefer a one piece suite because it doesn't have a zipper to join the jacket and pants together. It is one less thing to worry about in case of an off.

1 piece are great but much more hassle for typical everyday use. I use two piece full zip for street and track

I always ride in a one piece suit. I have a perforated custom Syed suit & a non-perforated Frank Thomas one piece suit. The one piece gives you better support.

Here is a photo of me w/ the custom Syed suit. $1500 but worth every penney.

MC_-_Ham.jpg

only problem with 1 piece, all or nothing.. I like being able to drop off my jacket or not wearing my pant.. Suppose if I was racing or doing a lot of track days, a 1 piece sure would seem safer..

I have a 1 piece as well as 2 piece leathers, I never wear the 2 piece anymore. As someone else stated, the 1 piece does support you better and I feel provides more protection. I purchased from "Extreme Supply" in Long Beach, they have a huge selection of brands and sizes, mine are Alpinestars..

extremesupply.com

Komodo, Komodo, Komodo...after NOW owning a 1 pc from them I can see why...no I dont race the track(yet) hell IC ant even keep up with Bogus and RacerV!

But ya know what? I would rather be protected, better safe than sorry, oh sure I still have that highly coveted Lycan Icon that SOME people want to try and STEAL from me at bashes:laugh:but Im a firm believer NOW in the 1pc...

BTW thanks to BABusa, Kevin and Bogus on their guidance in purchasing one..OH and by it direct from Komodo, cheaper price now that they retail:thumbsup:

I have five suits. Four of them are 1-piece (three Alpinestars and one AGV Sport). I never wear the 2-piece (Nicky Hayden replica).

Be sure to buy quality gear, don't focus so much on the price, but what the piece will do for you.

Good luck, and let us know what you get!

Dont buy cheap stuff is all I can say. The Komodo and Alpinestars Mx-1 is real good stuff

Komodo, Komodo, Komodo...after NOW owning a 1 pc from them I can see why...no I dont race the track(yet) hell IC ant even keep up with Bogus and RacerV!

But ya know what? I would rather be protected, better safe than sorry, oh sure I still have that highly coveted Lycan Icon that SOME people want to try and STEAL from me at bashes:laugh:but Im a firm believer NOW in the 1pc...

BTW thanks to BABusa, Kevin and Bogus on their guidance in purchasing one..OH and by it direct from Komodo, cheaper price now that they retail:thumbsup:
and a fine model you are.. :)

DSC_0037.JPG

I have both 1 and 2 piece suits. my one piece is an alpinstars rc1. my 2 piece consists of an alpinestars smx-1 airflow jacket and joe rocket leathers. I like have both options but if I am out for some hard riding I always wear my one piece. I feel really secure with it and my riding is better. I love the rc1. its comfy for a one piece and breathes really really well. Its well vented. If you want a great jacket there is nothing better in my opinion than the alpinestars smx1 airflow jacket. top notch protection and breathes so well that i hardly know its on. well worth the money. pricey though. got the rc-1 for under 1k and got the jacket for about $750 as i recall. check out sportbiketrackgear.com they have good armor to wear under like the adventure shorts which i think are great to have.

065.jpg

One thing is certain...good gear inspires enhanced confidence.

:laugh::laugh:Thats suit is serious man...it feels like youre driving around in armor plating:laugh:

Hmm, you guys have me thinking more and more abut the one piece now. They just seemed so hard to get into for daily commuint use, but hey, you guys appear to know your stuff.

GET ONE, you wont regret it...you'll only have to come across that justification 1 time know what I mean?:thumbsup:

:laugh::laugh:Thats suit is serious man...it feels like youre driving around in armor plating:laugh:

+1000 I have the jacket. It is nice stuff! BTW, I only looked pissed off in the pic. I was really having a good day! :laugh:

jacket.jpg

I have both a 1 and 2 pc suit. I use the 2 pc if I know I'll be hanging out and stopping a lot with friends when I ride. I use the 1 pc more often though. I also use a 1 pc Olympia Phantom suit for commuting.

Get an moisture wicking undersuit like Under Armor or the Komodo undersuit. That makes it much easier to slide in and out of the leathers.

Pics:

Teknic Lightening 2 pc (Yosemite N.P.)
Komodo K-LT 1 pc (Rio Grande River)
Komodo K-LT with HK undersuit (Colorado National Monument)

Me_Yosemite.JPG

RioGrande_Me.jpg

SNC10214.JPG

Back