Leathers opinions please

Team Gixxer does not humiliate 1st time track riders.....we wait at least until you've done 2 or 3 and have been bitten by the bug before we smoke you :thumbsup:

I have a 4 year old set of the Chicane 2 piece set. Perforated jacket and the pants. Pants are not perfed. They do zip together and I like them very much. I have not done a track day but did have them inspected for the local track and was told they are good.
hope that helps

I have a 4 year old set of the Chicane 2 piece set. Perforated jacket and the pants. Pants are not perfed. They do zip together and I like them very much. I have not done a track day but did have them inspected for the local track and was told they are good.
hope that helps

Are the pants too hot in the summer? I knew someone here would have these. Thanks!!!

Alpinestars is what I go with. Motor cycle superstore has some good deals on them. Got the tokyo stella jacket for the wife. Normally 499.99 got it for 139.99 cause it was being discontinued

Alpinestars is what I go with. Motor cycle superstore has some good deals on them. Got the tokyo stella jacket for the wife. Normally 499.99 got it for 139.99 cause it was being discontinued

Don't lie. You only like it when I have you in leathers that come with a nice bright red ball gag......
:moon: :rofl:

Bret, don't worry about the Infamous Team GIXXER laughing at you. They pay me handsomely to do the laughing for them :laugh:

Buying leathers without the benifit of trying them on is like buying a pig in a poke. Be sure you can return them for a full refund if you aren't happy with the fit. Ask before you buy if they have a wrap around zipper.

As some have said you'll be much happier with two piece over a one piece suit.

Fit is the most important aspect to determine your choice. Most any suit will survive one crash. One of our race fellas crashed 16 times in one season with the same set of Taichi leathers. That's what makes the difference in leathers, how well they crash.

Keep in mind two things, one: You will be wearing this new suit for YEARS to come so be sure they fit well. two: In order for leathers to properly do their job they need to be as snug (All Over) as possible and still be comfy!

Bret, don't worry about the Infamous Team GIXXER laughing at you. They pay me handsomely to do the laughing for them :laugh:

:sarcasm: That makes me feel much better!:poke:

Buying leathers without the benifit of trying them on is like buying a pig in a poke. Be sure you can return them for a full refund if you aren't happy with the fit. Ask before you buy if they have a wrap around zipper.

As some have said you'll be much happier with two piece over a one piece suit.

Fit is the most important aspect to determine your choice. Most any suit will survive one crash. One of our race fellas crashed 16 times in one season with the same set of Taichi leathers. That's what makes the difference in leathers, how well they crash.

Keep in mind two things, one: You will be wearing this new suit for YEARS to come so be sure they fit well. two: In order for leathers to properly do their job they need to be as snug (All Over) as possible and still be comfy!

Thanks for the advice! Since I am down right now with a bum knee I will wait on buying anything. Also I do not know anywhere within 200 miles to try any on. Do the track groups usually have any at their events? Heck its 80 miles to the nearest place with a halfway decent selection of helmets.:down: Thats the downside to living in BFE Alabama:laugh:

I'd do a google search for motorcycle leathers in Alabama. I'm sure there must be some place within driving distance where you could try a few suits on. If not, you may be stuck with buying online. Just be sure you know and understand the return policies so you don't get stuck with an undesireable suit.

Good Luck!

Bret, the proper thing to do especially since your are a big guy, would be to have a custom suit made. You'll spend a bit more cash but you are much more likely to get a good fit. Remember, this step is like marriage,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the intent is to have a very long and happy relationship! :thumbsup:

edit: Frank Thomas leathers tend to cater to bigger sizes! Cycle Gear carries Frank Thomas and they have a great return policy!

Thanks Tuf! I am not too big at 5'11" 235#s:whistle: but I will explore all options as I am willing to spend more $$ for quality and longevity. My MotoGp Apex leather is still in very good shape but getting a little too snug. Mental image----Start zipper-deep breath-zip-pray zipper holds:laugh: I have gained about 25#s or so since I got them in 06.

Do either of you know if they zip together? Most do but usually they say so in the description. Would be nice if I ever break down and do a track day.

If you're going to wear leathers anyway you should always take the extra 10 secods to zip them together, track or not!
God forbid you're ever rolling down the pavement or through the woods. If you are you don't want your lower back and waist road rashed from your jacket moving up as you slide or tumble.
Zip them together, it'll be worth it should you ever need them.:beerchug:

RevZIlla.com is a great place to buy from too. They have hassle free returns and exchanges, it makes it easy to get what you need through the mail.

Back