Leathers opinions please

Thanks Cap. I don't know anyone that has any and I have never had them.
WooHoo early Merry Christmas to me!! :laugh:

Do either of you know if they zip together? Most do but usually they say so in the description. Would be nice if I ever break down and do a track day.

Yeah, I was just putting 2(Alabama) and 2(non-perf) together... :laugh:

If you like that suit, check out http://www.sportbiketrackgear.com

They have quite a bit of TEKNIC gear, usually at very good prices. They really have a great selection of gear in general.

STG has some really good prices; and Van comes to Barber most STT weekends. He's doing weekly specials thru Christmas on a wide variety of gear. YOU WILL NEED PERF LIVING IN THE SOUTH!

Some people really like the 2 piece at trackdays as you can get the jacket off when it's hot, but they are not as much protection as a 1 piece. But if you are getting these for mostly street, I'd highly recommend 2 pc, as long as they zip up you can still track ride in them and be reasonably safe in Novice/Intermediate. Fit is what's most important.

1 more vote for a 2-pc fully perfd set (I have Alpinestars now but have owned a Teknic Chicane jacket...very happy with it)

STG has some really good prices; and Van comes to Barber most STT weekends. He's doing weekly specials thru Christmas on a wide variety of gear. YOU WILL NEED PERF LIVING IN THE SOUTH!

Some people really like the 2 piece at trackdays as you can get the jacket off when it's hot, but they are not as much protection as a 1 piece. But if you are getting these for mostly street, I'd highly recommend 2 pc, as long as they zip up you can still track ride in them and be reasonably safe in Novice/Intermediate. Fit is what's most important.

Exactly why I am only looking at 2 piece. I have never done a trackday yet and haven't drag raced since the 90s. 100% street.

Don't discount doing a trackday; even if you DON'T get bitten by the bug (happens alot!), you'll learn more about you and your motorcycle in one day than you will on the street in a year, and it WILL make you a better, safer rider! These leathers will work for that, also!

No way would I do one at Barber! I will not open myself to the ridicule and laughter of Team Gixxer!:poke:
:laugh:

I haven't done one for the same reason haven't been sky diving. I have too many expensive hobbies now! Me is skeered I would like either of them too much!!!!

Back