1 or 2 piece suit - and why? brand?

Wonder if these are any good? Description on homepage says:

Skull Cap Beanie
Alpinestars’ Skull Cap Beanie will wick away moisture and help keep your lid fresh. It can be used in any season, to keep you cool and comfortable.

Any one had a go at one? fit? comfort, does it work? It gets pretty hot and humid where I live so it just might make my helmets last longer!

I've been using bandana's for that purpose for years. I have about 10 of 'em. Change 'em out every couple of days, wash 'em like any other garment and their cheap. I've NEVER had a "gamey" helmet yet.

I will add to the votes for getting a one-piece suit.

I picked up my first suit last year, a Teknic 2-piece (Chicane model, I believe) from NewEnough.com for $275. For the money, I have no complaints. However, I see no real benefit from the two-piece design. Yes, the jacket can be unzipped from the pants, but I can't accomplish the task with the suit on. Once the jacket is off, it's too short to wear alone and the pants are a bit high-waisted to wear with other jackets. At the track between sessions, I just get outta the jacket and wrap the sleeves around my waist or I'll get outta the whole suit, but I don't even try to unzip the two-pieces.

Like others have said, get a one-piece and get a custom fit if you can afford it.

Best of luck!

I use an Alpinestars armor suit under my leathers. It has the back protector & chest protector. It has been crash tested & works great.

and it fits? I have 2 armor suits already, but did not think it would fit under a suit, I mean the back and chest protectors sure, but the shoulder and elbows as well??? You probably remove those from your leather suit though right?

and it fits? I have 2 armor suits already, but did not think it would fit under a suit, I mean the back and chest protectors sure, but the shoulder and elbows as well??? You probably remove those from your leather suit though right?

I removed the armor in the shoulders & elbows on my Frank Thomas suit & the Syed custom had it measured w/ the armor on. It still has substantial padding in those areas & the armor under works great. The thickness of the leather on the Syed suit is night & day to off the rack. It is very thick, but extremely soft & pliable.

I removed the armor in the shoulders & elbows on my Frank Thomas suit & the Syed custom had it measured w/ the armor on. It still has substantial padding in those areas & the armor under works great. The thickness of the leather on the Syed suit is night & day to off the rack. It is very thick, but extremely soft & pliable.

I think you just saved me a bundle there. had the back protector + chest protector on the list, around 250$ worth. I'll just use my armor wear under the suit! Thanks for that!

Back