09 Busa Stator

USMC84

Registered
Hey guys! new to these posts\site today. Just wondering if anyone has experience remove\replace a stator cover? I bought a chrome cover and a new gasket and was wondering if its necessary to add silicon or gasket maker to it so it doesnt leak? I had well over a quart of oit come out when I took it off, sure hope thats's normal:confused:
One thing I do know, Loctite must be used on the internal bolts so they dont come lose and f' everything up down the road:beerchug:

You can do a search, but its pretty straighforward. Add silicone to the gasket for extra seal although I dont thi nk its mandatory. Watch out for the magnet (dont pinch your fingers), and im not sure about the loctite but someone should know that. Shouldnt take more than 15 mins once the fairing is off.

No sealer necessary provided that both surfaces are clean and grease/debris free. I used red locktight on the clamp and bolts that secure the magneto to the cover, none on the bolts that actually secure the cover to the bike. Take care not to touch the magneto with anything that will disrupt its magnetic properties. It can mess with its function.

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

Last edited:
Back