Woodcraft Stator Cover?

COLDSTONE1298

Registered
I already know i missed out on the group buy
banghead.gif
. The Vortex stator cover is on backorder so i'm looking at the woodcraft item. Could ya please inform me Who's got 'em and who's the most reliable to order from? I don't need to mix match colors between the cover and slider. Just basic black/black works for me. Thanks!

Also, i know i'm probably gonna need another gasket when swapping out the stock cover for the new one. Anyone ever have any problems or leaks afterwords? Should i apply a sealant along with the gasket when installing the new cover?

PM Gixerhp.

If I remember right they come with a gasket...or I reused my old one...dont remember for sure.

Use a little gasket sealer to help hold the gasket in place. 12/3/6/9 positions.

The gasket that comes with the cover are actually better than stock.

r8

I have actually been lookin around myself...I am sure there is a site sponsor that deals them as they just had a group by on them that I missed out on...other then that I have been debating between Motomummy and Indysuperbikes...both are close in price...Motomummy does not chasrge shipping and the cost that Indy charges make the prices pretty close...although I have not called Indy to see of they would wave the cost...

I know where you can get one that looks like a Woodcraft (a copy).........................
laugh.gif

I know, I know
corner2.png

Don't pull the cover without having a new gasket on hand. You'll rip it for sure. Sometimes they come off with the cover and sometimes they come off in pieces. According to who was installing them on any given day I suppose.

Do not use gasket sealer if you expect to ever reuse the gasket. Apply a little heavy grease to the engine side of the gasket and stick it to the case. Then, gently install the case cover and tighten the bolts to 10 NM and she won't leak.

Have you contacted Vortex directly. If you call them directly, they may be able to get you a cover out quickly. They are pretty good about that.

Im doin an order to Woodcraft today if you all are still interested in getting a cover orderd.

Just hit me up.

Josh

Ryders Connection

Back