08' muffler tips turning colors

opcm

Registered
I just picked up a 08' Busa about a month ago,brand new left over. I just filled it up with gas the second time (high octane) and I noticed the ends of the mufflers turning colors (blueing?) with a light resaudue on them,most of it wipes off but you can still see some coloring.The first tank of gas was brand name high octane,should I drain tank and try a different brand? I had just got off the freeway (80mph) for about 30 miles.Other wise I LOVE IT!! I got my heli-bars and zero gravity sport touring windshield installed... awesome!! more touring mods soon w/pics.Thanks :beerchug:

Stock pipes or aftermarket? If aftermarket, they are likely cheap pipes without a heat sheild. Heat = blueing. if it's stock pipes, you need to get it to the dealership and see if your engine is improperly tuned.

Last edited:
Sorry I wipe'd them off allready and I dont think a picture would show the little coloring thats left.I'll go try and see if it shows up with the camera.

Does the residue come from the inside of the pipe? If so, you might be running too rich, which still means a trip to the dealer.

You should be running 87 octane only per the manual, :welcome:

'08; my manual states " Premium Unleaded gasoline with a minimum pump octane rating of 90 "

Anyway from my experience this is normal. It washes off when I wash the bike. It's under warranty take it back if you think something is up with the bike.

let the gas tank gets very low and fill up with premium gas 90+ octane. probably was a bad gas and you should run premium gas on gen 2 busa!

1st tank was 90+ premium,I'm going to drain the tank (2nd fill same brand) and try a diff. brand of premium,go for a freeway ride (80mph/30-40 miles),and see if it happens again.

Back