08/20/06 ride report

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
The sun rose with a little fading drizzle which shortly got cooked off as 6 of us braved wetting our tires to meet at Crackerbarrel for breakfast....ZX14 James with Wife ZX9RLiegha and, ZRXTed, ZRXVince, SpeedTriplePaul and of course myself...The Jinkster on O-Ren Ishii....

and things were still sorta overcast at first....

RAIN1.jpg

but?...then they brightened up...

RAIN2.jpg

Cool bike but...we sorta forgot that Pauls new speedtrip only has 9,00miles on it (yes....as in...nine.."Hundred") and probably voided his warrantys a few times...LOL!

RAIN3.jpg

Liegha hung tough...

RAIN4.jpg

then we hit J&S Fishcamp....

RAIN5.jpg

and watched these guys play a couple tunes...

RAIN6.jpg

buuuuut....

RAIN7.jpg

got hammered on the last few miles back home...however..in my world?..thsi was still a good/bad day as...today?...

Today I learned...

1. My new Shoei X11 is in fact...

a. very light feeling...
b.yet dead stable and...
c.extremely aerodynamic with zero neck strain at speeds of up to and including 170mph.

also?...as far as noise levels go?...my shoei X11 is actually louder sounding when (hearing mostly engine noise) sitting at a stoplight at dead idle....than the wind noise one might hear when doing speeds of up to and including 170mph.

and...

2?...I love my sidi evo tepor boots...as eevn though my busa's fairing was able to keep me astonishingly dry through the first 5 miles of rain?...the only thing that was completely dry when i got home was my feet....and that makes a huge dif...especially when oncoming cages are hitt'in puddles and toss'in 5 gallons of water at your feet.

Oh well...still had a blast!
biggrin.gif

and...L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Very cool, on a hot day a ride home in the rain can be nice.
cool.gif

Right VaBusa
rock.gif
tounge.gif

we did...what's not to like?...Hyperspeed touring.....Hoist'in a few wheelies...Palm Trees....Live Bands...Good Friends....and a Tropical Thunderhead here and there.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

cool.gif
pics. I love those zrx's. I'd love to find one to lower, stretch, supercharge, and custom paint for an all-around nasty naked bike.

Good pics Bill. You gotta love our FL weather during rainy season. Overcast/raining on/off all day here Sat. and Sunday afternoon. Can't wait til' October ridingb.

I was eyeballing the radar all afternoon Sun. and finally found a clearing around 6:00 PM to go ride.

Back