'06 Busa here from SC

GOT RICE?

Registered
here's my busa with a few mods, 240 tire kit and 12" stretch, full Yoshimura TRS exhaust, PCIII, lowered front and rear, ostrich seats, will be painting it real soon. hoping to learn more while I'm here

busa.jpg

If you can't learn something here, it's because you can't read..... just messing with ya. Congratz and Welcome!!!!!

Nice bike.

Only thing I can't understand is why someone would take one of the front rotors off.
Is it because you only drive/ride it for show and never go fast or is you think looks outweigh safety?

Most people say the brakes are one of the weakest links on a Busa so reducing the front braking ability is what I can't understand. ???
Oh well, it's your bike - hope you never need to stop real fast.

What colors are you going to paint it?

Nice bike.

Only thing I can't understand is why someone would take one of the front rotors off.
Is it because you only drive/ride it for show and never go fast or is you think looks outweigh safety?

Most people say the brakes are one of the weakest links on a Busa so reducing the front braking ability is what I can't understand. ???
Oh well, it's your bike - hope you never need to stop real fast.

What colors are you going to paint it?

Thanks Everyone! and about the front brakes, I bought it that way. If I could find another rotor and caliper I would replace it. I have had to stop pretty quickly and it stopped fine but honestly I just cruise the bike anyways so its no big deal at the moment. I plan on painting it Synergy green from the 2010 Camaro.

Yeah look @ his setup Redbusarider, it's clearly not gonna be tearing up back road twisties or tackling the Dragon :laugh: that's got "show bike" written all over it. Cruise around town post up @ car/bike shows, rev it in traffic 2 get girls attention.... don't really need optimal braking 4 that.

Be sure 2 post up pics of that new paint job when you get it done :beerchug:

Thanks for the kind words, and yes I'll be posting pics of the painting progress as it gets done especially since I'm gonna do all the work myself including paint

Yeah look @ his setup Redbusarider, it's clearly not gonna be tearing up back road twisties or tackling the Dragon :laugh: that's got "show bike" written all over it. Cruise around town post up @ car/bike shows, rev it in traffic 2 get girls attention.... don't really need optimal braking 4 that.

Be sure 2 post up pics of that new paint job when you get it done :beerchug:

decided to try and fix my hard start issue and replace the fuel pump, found this when I opened up the tank;

fp3_zpsde447112.jpg
fp2_zps5ca9ff43.jpg
fp1_zps75351166.jpg

and wanted to make the bike alittle louder so I chopped 6"s off, sounds a lot better now to me;

mufflercut_zpsd5432e29.jpg
how it looks now, first post you can reference the difference in length
muffler_zps62318b4f.jpg

You might need to flush that tank with vinegar and clean the rest of the fueling system. That bike sat with no fuel in it for a while.

Back