05 GSXR1K added to the fleet!

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
My new gixxer was picked up at the warehouse this afternoon and should be at the dealership by now. I get to pick it up tomorrow. The Dealer picked up four Black/Gray gixxers today which I am taking two of them tomorrow. There are two left if anyone wants them! Paulson's in Olympia! They also have two Black/Yellow ones as well. We (My son and I) are taking one or maybe both on Monday to be broken in on the dyno. I should have some dyno numbers to list by Wednesday or so if anyone is interested? I hope they perform as well as everyone says?

The dealer told me he was only alloted seventeen GSXR1000's for the year. If he doesn't get any more, there could be a shortage before years end? Seems to be a hot item that everyone is excited about?

Tufbusa,

Def. post up the graphs when you get them dyno'd! I am really curious to see how they run. To many rumors of 165RWHP bone stock! Sounds sweet if it is true, just getting sick of all the haters on the R1/10R forums!
laugh.gif

I finally checked an 05 out today and have to say I love it! It looks sweet and everything that looked odd in the pics looked totally different and great in person. The RAM-AIR on the front looks a lot smaller in person though. Make sure you take lots of pics when you get them on/off the dyno and everything in between.

Good luck and let us know.

Josh
wink.gif

Gratz man! I saw my first 05 1k gixxer today at the dealership I got my busa from went to pick up my plate and it turns out my saleswoman had bought it. Looks pretty good but i hafta say the way the rear cowl fits looks very cheap too much of a gap around it, i'm still struggling with thesignals on the mirrors although the final version looks alot better than the one at the show did.But still the each his/her own I suppose but overall I really like the looks of thebike overall should be the top dog in the literbike wars.
Jay

Glad you get to pick it/them up! I will be interested in the numbers, but I still don't think I will be ready to make a move yet.

Glad you get to pick it/them up! I will be interested in the numbers, but I still don't think I will be ready to make a move yet.
Are you thinking about adding a gixxer to compliment your busa? I was a hard core busa man until I added a gixxer to the stable. Now I'm a huge gixxer fan but can't seem to turn the busa loose? She is such a sweet ride.

I've thought about it, but the size of the Busa fits me well. At this point, I'll just be happy to ride again.

Is 1 for you and 1 for your son? If so,how are you going to pick the bikes?
My suggestion is to wait until the numbers are in and then pick the one with the best numbers. LOL
Enjoy your new babies.

Tufbusa,

Def. post up the graphs when you get them dyno'd!  I am really curious to see how they run.  To many rumors of 165RWHP bone stock!  Sounds sweet if it is true, just getting sick of all the haters on the R1/10R forums!
laugh.gif

I finally checked an 05 out today and have to say I love it!  It looks sweet and everything that looked odd in the pics looked totally different and great in person.  The RAM-AIR on the front looks a lot smaller in person though.  Make sure you take lots of pics when you get them on/off the dyno and everything in between.  

Good luck and let us know.

Josh
wink.gif
HAhaha!

The R1 guys should just STFU.

The 10R guys are going to be de-throned this year by the King!

2005 Bike of the Year will be the GSXR 1000 K5!!
You better believe it!

It's pretty sad when the only come back they have is well "my bike looks better than the GSXR1k!"
rock.gif
laugh.gif

What a bunch of SQUIDS, the 05 GSXR1k will own!
wink.gif

Damn Diesel, does your wife know you were watching the girlies at the show and taking photos to show off to your friends? That is a fine caboose my friend, too bad you had to spoil it with that ugly ass bike! Are you familiar with the term "Cut Off"?

biggrin.gif

I'll post photos soon!

Damn Diesel, does your wife know you were watching the girlies at the show and taking photos to show off to your friends? That is a fine caboose my friend, too bad you had to spoil it with that ugly ass bike! Are you familiar with the term "Cut Off"?

biggrin.gif

I'll post photos soon!
I think that IS his wife. She goes by Spicy on this board.
wink.gif

Back