05+ GSXR forks on 1st Gen.s

I didn't realize that the 03/04s had Radial mounted calipers.

Thanks for the info.
I must check that out.

1K forks are quite plentiful up here though.
They seem to be fallling off the roads.
Something about cracked frames and wheelies.

ARE THE 03-04 750 FORK TUBE OUTER DIAMETER THE SAME AS THE 03-04 1K?
Good Question I thought of that too
rock.gif

Can't wait to see
thumb_up.gif

hihi
may i offer some input too?

i am on a K7 gixxer fork on my 06 busa

basically the K7 fork is the same as the 08 busa fork.

some specs
stock busa fork tube is 55mm
k3-6 fork tube is 54mm
k7 is 56mm

thus for the triple cramp u either use the shim tape for the k3-k6 fork or u bore the cramp it to 56mm.
the top cramp is the same

the rim rod need to be change to that.

u need a 5mm spacer if u wan to use the 320mm disc else a k3 disc will save u on the spacer.

hihi

some specs
k3-6 fork tube is 54mm
k7 is 56mm

thus for the triple cramp u either use the shim tape for the k3-k6 fork or u bore the cramp it to 56mm.

u need a 5mm spacer if u wan to use the 320mm disc else a k3 disc will save u on the spacer.
Few Questions...

What is a Rim Rod..seriously, I don't know.

If using a 5mm spacer, are you saying I can use my current rotors if I convert to this Radial Mount Caliper (using K4 750 forks)

Just where are you putting this 5 mm spacer? And what is size of k3 rotor...and is it only k3 rotor and not k4 also?

Also, does the K4 750 front fender mounting, match up with Busa fender mounting location? And do I need to drill new holes in my Coerce CF front fender I'm currently using?

Thanks...

hihi

some specs
k3-6 fork tube is 54mm
k7 is 56mm

Few Questions...

What is a Rim Rod..seriously, I don't know.

If using a 5mm spacer, are you saying I can use my current rotors if I convert to this  Radial Mount Caliper  (using K4 750 forks)

Just where are you putting this 5 mm spacer? And what is size of k3 rotor...and is it only k3 rotor and not k4 also?

Also, does the K4 750 front fender mounting, match up with Busa fender mounting location? And do I need to drill new holes in my Coerce CF front fender I'm currently using?

Thanks...
HI! I think a rim rod = axle
If you use spacer (not sure 5mm need for 750 fork) under the caliper you can use your current rotors with radial brakes.
Front fender mounting point not same, need use brackets.

yes a rim rod=axle...k3-k4's use a different axle than k5and k6 which have spacers.I prefer the k3-k4 units

rotors can be k3 or k4

I picked up k3/4 rotors on ebay for under $50 shipped already.

k4 rotors= 320mm

busa rotors = 310 mm

You use 5mm spacers because you are only offsetting HALF the diameter distance difference. If you use the k4 rotors, no spacers are needed. If you use spacers, they will go between the caliper and the fork mounting spot.

k1-k4 GSXR wheels are the same

busa wheels have the same bolt pattern on the rotors as the GSXR wheels.

GSXR wheels are slightly lighter than busa wheels.

IF you use the GSXR forks, rotors, axle, calipers and fender,(as described) you will need to shim the top of the fork by roughly 1mm and its a totally bolt on affair.

I'll see about getting you some pictures today

I have all of this stuff laying at the shop.

yes a rim rod=axle...k3-k4's use a different axle than k5and k6 which have spacers.I prefer the k3-k4 units

rotors can be k3 or k4

k4 rotors= 320mm

busa rotors = 310 mm

You use 5mm spacers because you are only offsetting HALF the diameter distance difference. If you use the k4 rotors, no spacers are needed. If you use spacers, they will go between the caliper and the fork mounting spot.

IF you use the GSXR forks, rotors, axle, calipers and fender,(as described) you will need to shim the top of the fork by roughly 1mm and its a totally bolt on affair.

I think Busa brakes are 320 mm and K3-K4 gsxr 1000 brakes are 310 mm. I preferred a spacer. It's cost under 10$, and bigger brake is better...

suzuki4life - thank you for the input & will be looking forward to the pics. Also, I have a nice set of rotors I would like to continue to use with the K4 750 setup...whats the best route...spacer..or not possible?

Is shimming safe? I don't want to sound stupid, but is shimming the 1mm safe for long term use?

Doesn't look like I will be able to swing an Ohlins setup, so I figure this is the next best thing with proper springs + I get radial mount brakes to boot...just not the fancy $$$$ brembo/ Ohlins setup.

suzuki4life  - thank you for the input & will be looking forward to the pics. Also, I have a nice set of rotors I would like to continue to use with the K4 750 setup...whats the best route...spacer..or not possible?

Is shimming safe? I don't want to sound stupid, but is shimming the 1mm safe for long term use?

Doesn't look like I will be able to swing an Ohlins setup, so I figure this is the next best thing with proper springs + I get radial mount brakes to boot...just not the fancy $$$$ brembo/ Ohlins setup.
You can buy Ohlins internals for GSXR forks.

Many guys run the caliper spacers without problems. You will need bolts that are roughly 5-6mm longer than stock. If you have doubts at all I would select grade 8 ss bolts.

Won't lie....brembos are super nice but an extreme overkill for street applications. You can max out your street capabilities by tweaking OEM stuff.

Another option to better braking is a Brembo master. I use a 19x20, Goodridge lines, Galfer rotors and Galfer race pads. The items were installed at different times and hands down the most gain came from the master.

I do several trackdays a year at Road Atlanta(very high speed track, 6th gear rev limiter on the back straight), 2 finger from triple digit speeds, no problem. I was even asked at Roebling Road in Savannah what I had done to my brakes by a control rider. He was impressed how such a big bike with a 300lb rider could late brake so well.

Plus is you already have lines and rotors, you can do this mod under $300.00.

Let me know if I can help.

Kevin
kevin@mrcycles.com

rotors can be k3 or k4

k4 rotors= 320mm

busa rotors = 310 mm

I think Busa brakes are 320 mm and K3-K4 gsxr 1000 brakes are 310 mm. I preferred a spacer. It's cost under 10$, and bigger brake is better...
yeah I got it backwards....sorry.

Suzuki4life...I'm sure if you put together some kits that made for a bolt-on swap you'd have some people interested in them for sure. When I read through a thread like this it's easy to get confused and then not want to do the mod, but if I could call you and say shipped me a kit and be done with it...then count me in
beerchug.gif

I can locate you the parts as a favor but no intentions to go into business hunting down parts....however the parts are pretty common, I'll happily point you in the right direction.

GSXR wheels....will save you some weight

http://psychobike.com/cgi-bin....xr+fork

forks:

http://psychobike.com/cgi-bin....hl=fork

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....7705146

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....0700821

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-07-gsxr-600-750-Forks-clip-ons-and-Caliper-brakes_W0QQitemZ110214703025QQcmdZViewItem?h
ash=item110214703025" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....4703025</a>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....6866780

Great info...Thank You
thumb_up.gif

A few more Quick Questions, since were on topic here.

1) I run a CZ wheel, if I run the 750 axle, can I still use my CZ front? Just what differences are there between Busa, and K4 750 axle?

2) With the Radial Mount swap, can I still use the stock Busa front master cylinder? If I swap out to K4 Master, then I presume my Busa Pazzo brake lever won't work...correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't you need to swap to a K4 model Pazzo or stock-lever?

3)Would you sell me a few 5mm spacers?

4) Is bigger really better when it comes to rotors? I love my 320mm EBC rotors, but I hear 310mm K4 rotor weigs less, stops better, less rotating mass...any input?

Thanks for your input. It's been about a year or so since we chatted on the phone, anyhow... Good to see ya on the Forum.

John

09262-25061 is your bearing number for the 750 AND the busa so the diameter of the axle is the same. Normally you use the spacers that should come with the rotors to ensure the rotors sit properly. I use the GSXR spacer if applicable.

the OEM levers are the same part number(57300-33E01) for the busa and the gix....so I would guess the pazzo to be the same also.

I don't make nor sell spacers

bigger rotor disapates heat better. What rotors you choose is your choice entirely.

Yah, well either drop me a PM here, or better yet, approve my name on your site so I can frickin Login...lol
lurk.gif

Back