04 wont go over 8k

Monedogg

Registered
2004 full pipe PC3 with a tune. Tune was done years ago. This all started a few weeks ago i take off just fine but as soon as it hits about 8k kinds bogs down like something is holding it back. Anyone have an idea of what this could be?

Most likely fuel starved, First place to look is the fuel pump/filter and injectors for debri/blockage/dirt.
I always start at fuel too. Years ago I went to WaWa with my Lexus and put in 93. The entire tank of fuel was causing the car to run like crap. Boggy down low, no power, couldn’t go over 3k rpm. Just down to bad fuel. Ran it out very quickly and refilled at a shell.

I’d also start with the fuel system.

I bought a road race bike where the guy left race gas in it and it wouldn’t rev past 10k rpm. Bought a new fuel pump which was $400 and got it turned for the fuel I use, it has run perfect ever since. My tuner determined it was the fuel pump.

Now I’ll only leave non ethanol pump gas in over the winter based off this article I read from Sunoco fuels.

The article states “Our non-ethanol blends are recommended for storage applications to prevent dissolved water from corroding the fuel system.”

Let us know what you find!

I’d also start with the fuel system.

I bought a road race bike where the guy left race gas in it and it wouldn’t rev past 10k rpm. Bought a new fuel pump which was $400 and got it turned for the fuel I use, it has run perfect ever since. My tuner determined it was the fuel pump.

Now I’ll only leave non ethanol pump gas in over the winter based off this article I read from Sunoco fuels.

The article states “Our non-ethanol blends are recommended for storage applications to prevent dissolved water from corroding the fuel system.”

Let us know what you find!
Thank goodness here in NZ we don’t have ethanol based fuel, just unleaded with benzine.

Back