03 2nd Gear Problem

2003BigBoy

Registered
Hello All,

Quick background, I bought a left over 03 Busa brand new approx 4 months ago. Since then I've put 6,500 miles on her. It just started about a week ago every time I roll on the throttle in 2nd gear right at 6k and again at 8k rpm the bike jerks like a tooth is rounded or something. I took it to the dealer they test rode it and said there's evidence of burnouts and a worn cush drive and they reported it that way to suzuki so they won't fix it under warranty. I have done burnouts, but only in 1st gear, and I have not abused the bike at all. Has this happened to anybody else and does anybody know of a way to get this covered under warranty. Any comments are greatly appreciated.

I had the same problem with my 02 Busa, guy before me installed a Schmitz (sp?) racing clutch when he got the clutch it was missing 2 washers (angled one and plain one). They told him he didn't need the washers, well when I inherited the problem I took it to a very good mechanic and said it needed those washers. You might want to have it checked out.

thats BS.. they can't determine you've done burnouts with your bike by riding it.  unless your tire was blistered.

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087426463 -->

Update: Got the clutch fixed but to no avail, another problem might be your cush drive is breaking down like mine. Cush drive cost like 8 dollars aa pair.

Back