04 busa problem??

chev982

Registered
The last couple of times out on my bike i have made a few detours downtown. to u know pick up chicks, make other dudes jealous and so on. However the last couple of times when i sit and let the bike idle the fan comes on(no big deal) i keep watching the temp gauge if it goes up to 3/4 i shut it off. usually the fan will finish and shut off. when i go to start it again the bike barely turns over, i have to hit the start button a bunch of times real quick and the bike fires right up. am i making any sense here? not the best story teller as some of u guys already know, but maybe somebody has some ideas.

bad battery cell? bad alternator? low compression??

When an engine is cold , the pistons are room temp and actually smaller than the cylinders. When it heats up, the pistons grow and fit the cylinders properly. This increases friction and makes a warm engine more difficult to start. Slight overheating (3/4 on the temp guage) will compound this problem. When the fan comes on (I live in Arizona) just let the radiator do it's job. The fan should turn off in a minute or so (it does on mine when sitting intraffic). If it contuniously runs and the temp guage is staying high, you have another issue.

That said, hard starts when warm could also be a dying battery. It is definately not low compresion.

thanks man, i didnt think it was low compression.
But is it a normal thing? having a hard time to start?

Back