03 Busa overheating

Yes you are right about that. I know that it's the air but what is the reason it's getting hot is still a mystery .I see a metal fan which looks like it pushes more air then plastic but fan is not the problem i am almost sure of that. I will take my boy to the doctor on Thursday for a check up
and a good burping. Bike sat for 5 month and i am still paying for leaving it unattended. I think my front tire has a flat spot because it rides funny now. It's funny how it stopped being a motorcycle and became a project.

How many lbs of pressure should the cap hold? and how easy is it to change the fan blades? and where do i get them? I added a second fan. It is a bit smaller but still better then one. And still gets hot when in traffic.

How many lbs of pressure should the cap hold? and how easy is it to change the fan blades? and where do i get them? I added a second fan. It is a bit smaller but still better then one. And still gets hot when in traffic.

It's a Muzzy fan.

SWAP FLUID WITH DISTILLED WATER AND "WATER WETTER" from any parts store! Problem solved for most bikes! I had the exact same problem with my 99 even when I swapped to 06 motor (both over heated) both were fixed by flushing the system with a couple gallons of distilled water, then switching to Water Wetter.

Ok, took the bike to my Mechanic today and sure enough it started to get hot an d the gauge went almost up to red area and light started to flash but when he put his temp gun on the bike it showed only 220 . There was no boiling or any water spilled. WTF? The two fans where going on and of after a minute as if the fan switch knows the right temp but my gauge doesn't. So for now a ran a switch from the wires that go to the fan switch and now i can turn them on anytime i want. I also ordered temperature censor that sends signal to the gauge. Hope that is what's doing it.

airtonybusa said:
Ok, took the bike to my Mechanic today and sure enough it started to get hot an d the gauge went almost up to red area and light started to flash but when he put his temp gun on the bike it showed only 220 . There was no boiling or any water spilled. WTF? The two fans where going on and of after a minute as if the fan switch knows the right temp but my gauge doesn't. So for now a ran a switch from the wires that go to the fan switch and now i can turn them on anytime i want. I also ordered temperature censor that sends signal to the gauge. Hope that is what's doing it.

A company called xsboost makes great fan switch kits. They come with a nice mounting plate and all wires and instructions. You maintain stock operation of fan but can switch fan on at any time. I always turn mine on at 190degrees

image-1145845913.jpg

It's the switch plate by the front brake resivor

image-1145845913.jpg

Thanks for that info. Well i put in a regular rocker switch on/off right to the fan switch and now still have original operation and manual override.
I took the bike out for a test in traffic and this is what i came up with. The temp sender is fine because it showed how temp goes up and as soon as i start moving temp drops to it's proper place so i rule that out. I think its the fan switch that not working right because the fans went out as temp showed high and came back on short time later but by then bike is very hot. So i turned the aux switch on while in traffic and all is well. Gauge Didn't move past normal mark which is lower than half because there is no thermostat. I bought this switch on ebay 10 month ago
and bike sat for like 6 month. So unless the switch is getting a signal from computer on this bike which i am not 100% sure of it's got to be the fan switch. what say you ?????

Find the free manual on line. From memory the temp indicator and fan switch are two different circuits. The fan circuit is simple and is not controlled by the ECU. Best of luck.

That's what i was told so when i heard the fans go off before time i knew it had to be the $60 low temp switch. After market ****. lol

Back