’03 Busa PC3R ignition map

roadczar

Registered
Has anyone played around with ignition mapping using PC3R? What were your results?

Would you mind emailing me your map?

I asked a similar question earlier and got no responses, so I doubt anyone here has any knowledge of the PCIIIr unit. I bought one for my '03 also and was advised that that was the one to get and PC even told me that was the better unit over the PCIII USB unit. Now that I have it, no one knows what to do with it and PC advises against changing the timing map for a street bike. I should have bought the PCIII USB instead, but that is the way it goes.

Let me know if you find anyone that knows the PCIIIr well and has used the timing function. I was mainly interested in using the PCIIIr instead of having both a PCIII and an ATRE unit.

Click and read!
smile.gif

The map you use depends on many different factors.
wink.gif

I saw that post as well, but it does not address the PCIIIr and how to use the timing function, which is what roadczar and I are looking for. The standard PCII or PCIII (without the timing) maps are readily available and the unit makes sense, but I have found no sense in spending the extra $$ for a PCIIIr when no one (including PC) uses the timing function at all.

that is what custom map makers do.
timing can be your friend or enemy. you just have to know what your doing with the bike

<!--EDIT|Johnnycheese
Reason for Edit: "can't speell"|1078438657 -->

Click and read!
smile.gif

wink.gif
I guess this is what you meant.

FACTORY:
1st (-)5 degrees timing (1000rpm-4000rpm & 0%-40% throttle)
2nd DITTO
3rd DITTO
4th (0) degrees timing
5th DITTO
6th DITTO

PC (w/(+)5 degrees timing adjustment just for discussion sake) &TRE:
1st (+)5 degrees timing
2nd DITTO
3rd DITTO
4th DITTO
5th DITTO
6th DITTO

Does not tell much except for a way to bypass lower gear limitations

that is what custom map makers do.
timing can be your friend or enemy. you just have to know what your doing with the bike
Thanks, but you already said this on labusas. How about posting some sample maps for those of us without an easy access to a dyno service.

Ignition mappings should be more portable between bikes than fuel maps.

ingition depends on lots of factors this is why you won't see them on DJ site if you add timing with NOS you melt stuff same with turbo what gas you run.
like I said dyno with the mods and timing then can be added to improve you bike. but if you have a TRE forget it

I'm running stock 2003, with Yosh TRS, NO TRE, stock filter, BDE PAIR removal kit, premium gas.

Thanks.

<!--EDIT|roadczar
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078465398 -->

Click and read!
smile.gif

wink.gif
I guess this is what you meant.

FACTORY:
1st (-)5 degrees timing (1000rpm-4000rpm & 0%-40% throttle)
2nd DITTO
3rd DITTO
4th (0) degrees timing
5th DITTO
6th DITTO

PC (w/(+)5 degrees timing adjustment just for discussion sake) &TRE:
1st (+)5 degrees timing
2nd DITTO
3rd DITTO
4th DITTO
5th DITTO
6th DITTO

Does not tell much except for a way to bypass lower gear limitations
These are all things you should know before attempting any timing changes. How can you attempt any timing mods if you don't know what the factory system is doing already?
rock.gif

How to adjust the timing with the PCIIIR is easy, how to do it so performance is enhanced requires the correct knowledge, and tools. Unless you have both, leave it to a professional with training and a dyno.
smile.gif

smile.gif

I saw that post as well, but it does not address the PCIIIr and how to use the timing function, which is what roadczar and I are looking for. The standard PCII or PCIII (without the timing) maps are readily available and the unit makes sense, but I have found no sense in spending the extra $$ for a PCIIIr when no one (including PC) uses the timing function at all.
That post was almost entirely about the PCIIIR.  
rock.gif
Did you not ask above about a PCIIIR and an ATRE?  
rock.gif
The reason PC does not give out maps with timing mods should be a big clue to you that there is no generic fit for this adjustment and can have severe consequences if done wrong. Definitely need a professional and a dyno for this. IMO  
smile.gif

rock.gif

You are right, but the original question asked in the post was about a PCII for an '01, but the subject got changed all around near the end to include everything else with no resolution about using the PCIIIr timing function. A complete tune includes timing and fuel mixture, so the PCIIIr was appealing as it seemed to offer adjustability to both, but that is not the case. You can't even map any changes below 4K in the PCIIIr, which is where most street riders would like to tweak. Better to buy a PCIII usb and save the money IMO.

You are right, but the original question asked in the post was about a PCII for an '01, but the subject got changed all around near the end to include everything else with no resolution about using the PCIIIr timing function. A complete tune includes timing and fuel mixture, so the PCIIIr was appealing as it seemed to offer adjustability to both, but that is not the case. You can't even map any changes below 4K in the PCIIIr, which is where most street riders would like to tweak. Better to buy a PCIII usb and save the money IMO.
In the thread I linked you back to I made a suggestion for a PC model with some features I would like to have. Your right, the PC cannot solve all problems. It seems that they have a great platform, they just havn't got all the features in it yet that they should.  
wink.gif
I,m no engineer, but would assume that these would be easy features to design into the next model.  
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078506825 -->

nothing like misinformation the PC2 cannot change timing under 4K

The PC3R can change it anywhere below 4K at idle Hint Hint 12R owners

"...The PC3R can change it anywhere below 4K at idle Hint Hint 12R owners..."

Would this be effective on a Busa?

nothing like misinformation the PC2 cannot change timing under 4K

The PC3R can change it anywhere below 4K at idle Hint Hint 12R owners
Sorry, I re-read my DJ notes and the restriction below 4K is noted only for the PCII and is not mentioned for the PCIII or the PCIIIr. Sorry for the misinformation, and I tried it on my PCIIIr program and it accepts entriies anywhere on the timing chart.

So Johnny I talked to u about and HMF pipe and Pair mod.by the way both on order.What pwrcom would best suit me '03 bone stock save for the pipe an pair,keep in mind normal street ridin not much racin..or is it needed at all???

Back