Looking for an ATV for Daughter

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
My wife had decided she wants to get my Daughter an ATV. I'm not against it, but I'd rather her have a dirt bike, but that thought has been banned...

Someone she knows who has several has recommended Polaris as a good brand. My daughter is 10, so I'm not willing to go much over 90cc. I'm not going to buy a new one, but am looking for a good used one since she's gonna outgrow it anyway.

How about spooling me up on ATV info please? Thanks!

HONDA trx90 and the Suzuki 90 are a little smaller than the Polaris, as well as alot stronger and more dependable. My experience has been that Polaris's don't hold up. My friends and I have beaten on countless atv's over the years, and the Polaris's are always first to break.
A friend of mine had to replace the rear end(shaft drive) in his son's Polaris 90, and for no particular reason. I personally don't care for them.
The Honda on the other hand is what you'de expect, a Honda. It'll run forever no matter what you do to it.
Another friend bought a Suzuki 90 for his oldest daughter 3 years ago. His youngest is now riding it. It gets ridden alot and has never given him any problems.
Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the advice, comeon i know there's more of you out there....

HONDA trx90 and the Suzuki 90 are a little smaller than the Polaris, as well as alot stronger and more dependable. My experience has been that Polaris's don't hold up. My friends and I have beaten on countless atv's over the years, and the Polaris's are always first to break.
A friend of mine had to replace the rear end(shaft drive) in his son's Polaris 90, and for no particular reason. I personally don't care for them.
The Honda on the other hand is what you'de expect, a Honda. It'll run forever no matter what you do to it.
Another friend bought a Suzuki 90 for his oldest daughter 3 years ago. His youngest is now riding it. It gets ridden alot and has never given him any problems.
Just my 2 cents.

He is exactly right! Stay away from polaris. Buy her a honda!

If you are looking for a used one, check into the Suzuki LT80's. I bought my daughter one when she was about 5the or 6. It hauls me around with her on it still (she is eight now ) and I weigh 280! Great little machine. Electric start and gas it and go, no gears to shift. Runs about thirty mph unrestricted with her on it at the dragstrip.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have had about all of them and polaris are good imo, honda is a given. My daughter rides my yamaha bruin 350 right now and she is on the small side and is 10 years old. Its automatic,cheap, and has been a great one for what i paid for it. I know u want a smaller one but she will outgrow and probably try to go faster ext, with a smaller one. My daughter is way safer on the bigger 4 wheeler. if your a good dad a do like we should and watch them?ride with them you will be ok and come out in the future not having to buy a bigger one. Just telling you my side. Just put a helment on her say a prayer and have fun!

A buddy of mine got his 9 year old a 250. It was faster than he wanted but also wanted some growing room. He took the throttle cable loose and put a piece of tubing on it as a limiter. Worked like a throttle stop. As his kid got bigger and more able he slowly worked down to original setup. Just thought I would toss in an cheap alternative for you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank you all.

PM replied (I'd seen that one and am going to look into it).

My daughter is 10. If I could just get thru 2 years with it I'd be happy.

Have no idea what a "Tantrum" bought at "Max's" is...pics?

Thank you all.

PM replied (I'd seen that one and am going to look into it).

My daughter is 10. If I could just get thru 2 years with it I'd be happy.

Have no idea what a "Tantrum" bought at "Max's" is...pics?

I coped his reply and pasted. I'll get you a pic if you want

I started on an atv when i was 7
And that allowed the trasition to a bike to be very smooth
But id go no bigger then a 100-125

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

well, suzuki, honda, polaris kwak all have good little 90cc sport style ones, the honda has a manual shift with an auto clutch whereas the others are all cvt so slightly easier to learn on... i think that the raptor 90 is probably the best out there, ... pitster pro has some, but theya are in the 100cc neighborhood, and might be a little advanced for a new rider, kymco is making a name for them selvs, and have some affiliation with arctic cat, but other than them stay away from any chinese brands, they only last about 1 season before you have to rebuild the motor and you are a rider, but for the love of god make sure she wears a helmet, too many people dont think they can get hurt cuz its a little machine that doesnt go very fast

I let me 9yo daughter ride my Kawasaki Prairie 300 in the back yard. There is a set screw in the back of the thumb throttle where I can slow it down to about 5mph top speed. She has a blast on it.

If you dont have one for yourself/family get a larger utility one that you can all enjoy.

So what ever size you get make sure you can control the speed.......

Here's the $1000 Tantrum 100cc

0716111204a.jpg

0716111205a.jpg

Back