PAIR removed...

jay21112

Registered
OK, the party continues...
I'm modding my exhaust TrasherFox syle so I wanted to take off the PAIR to make sure I didn't have any problems.

Well....thank god I'm also changing the coolant and the oil because there was no way this thing was coming out without taking out the radiator and the oil cooler.

So after draining the coolant and oil I went about dismantling and dismounting the radiator and oil cooler....that was my first time and it took a while to reach all the bolts and shimmy all the hoses off.

Then it was still a biach to reach the bolts mounting the PAIR to the bike through the headers. Now I see why most people don't bother unless they are putting a whole new exhaust on. Jeesh!

Anyways I took it all off and put on some BrockRacing billet block off plates. They were pretty expensive but they also come with new gaskets and are black....haha. Actually the only reason why I bought these instead of like $10 block off plates from somewhere else is because these came with the caps for the airbox and throttle body and I was too lazy to go searching for caps.

Anyway, it's on the bike now. I took some pics and some closeups of the plates on the bike because this is probably the last time anyone will see them. haha.

Next up is finishing cutting the exhaust pipe and replacing the oil and coolant.

Oh yeah, first I have to get the damned K+N oil filter OFF my bike. I think I stripped the nut on it (maybe it wasn't 17mm???)....so now I have to find a strap-type-wrench to take it off.

NOTHING IS EASY!!!

Pair_System__Removed_.jpg

Is it me or does that engine have more corrosion on it, than most 04's.....Dayum East Coast
sad.gif

BTW Nice write up...
super.gif

(321CYA @ Nov. 05 2006,04:43) Is it me or does that engine have more corrosion on it, than most 04's.....Dayum East Coast  
sad.gif

BTW Nice write up...  
super.gif
Yup, welcome to New England.

The worst part is that I keep the bike in the shed and under a cover when not in use.

Back