High Def TV

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
I'm about ready to jump at a Samsung 61" 1080p DLP set, and I'm looking for some of the same advice I get here. Anyone know some goood sites to go to for answers?

61" is fairly large DLP, you will definatly see the rainbow effect in words/letters on the screen especially white block letters on a dark background. The spinning color wheel is most noticible at that time.

Have you considered a front HDTV projection system. Projector and Screen? less money in some cases, larger picture fo sho?

Ive got a 133" in the basement and 100" in the back "florida" room.

There's just something about watching a High def movie on a high def screen thats the size of your wall.

JD

Here's the 133" screen.

CIMG0002.JPG

The 100" projector is much older and larger but still kicks butt.

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132448737 -->

Whole_theatre_area.jpg

anyway just food for thought.

You dont need much space, HD shutters/ wooden blinds/ or custom drapes are more than enuff to control the light if it's even a problem. Table mount, roof mount choices,

Theres enuff talent on this board to steer you which ever way you choose.

If you go flat, DLP is much better choice than plasma and LCD IMO. DLP is nice because it's a bunch of mirrors and the module on the back can be replaced thus it's new all over again. Proj is just a bulb change. LCD your kinda SOL, and plasma whew.. once you ignite those ions the countdown starts and the loss begins.

JD

here is two. crappy cabnet its going very soon for a much nicer peace.

<!--EDIT|greyrocket
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132457879 -->

Picture054.jpg

Hey, Ice...lQQks good, bro! How 'bout a close-up of the AV rack!
biggrin.gif

Hey Fav I'll pm you some sites tomorrow... my father In law spends alot of time researching that stuff and is a member of most of the high def forums.

I have the 56" Samsung DLP, and like it quite a bit. My room is 21' X 25' and I'm running a Yamaha 7.1 system. If the proper viewing location is 3-4 times the vertical distance of the TV, you need a big room for a big screen (with proper speaker location).

go to avsforum.com. I personally have a projector myself it's an OptomaH77 and have to regrets. 1080i on rear projection dlp is new and I'm sure it'll look great but don't discount a front projector if you have the room. 1080 rear projection is also coming real soon. goo luck

Back