Rev's Planning for the off Season....

Oh, cool!  There's going to be a party?!  
biggrin.gif
Only if yer there Michelle.....if not, it'll just be a gathering at Rev's
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

beerchug.gif
Invite them and they shall come...sounds like a good road trip for me on Caesar...
biggrin.gif
I'm with ya Michelle ... let's roll down there and crash the party! Hey Rev are you sandbagging on the pool thing? Didn't somebody on this board say you were a shark? Gotta find that post
smile.gif
... and what off season ... I know you ride year round in Tampa man !! Anyway congrats on the new entertainment system ... ain't technology grand!?
Sandbagging? Me? Heh... No... I'm really pretty horrible... I used to do alot of sandbaggin with my old hot rod though, they ask is it stock? I'd answer "Yup, and shes not really running right either, see how it barely idles?"

As for the off season... Yeah believe it or not, I really won't ride without the gear, and summer time in Florida is just too damn hot to be out there. I know, I know I'm a wuss. But, I grew up in Colorado up above Boulder. We're talking summer highs in the 80s with NO humidity to speak of, so the heat and humidity down here really kicks my ass... Been 4 years down here and I still cannot hack it. Once your sitting at a light and you start feeling like your burst into flame... it's time to just chill out, literally. I mean the bike is entertainment for me, so I try to make sure I am actually having fun while out there. SO, yeah... Summer is sort of my off season... the occasional Raider ride, and evening, otherwise I just sort of lay low...

OK ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A GOOD DEAL ON A BOSE SYSTEM? *HACK-HAWAII-HAckCough*
smile.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

smile.gif

Oh, cool!  There's going to be a party?!  
biggrin.gif
Only if yer there Michelle.....if not, it'll just be a gathering at Rev's
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

beerchug.gif
Invite them and they shall come...sounds like a good road trip for me on Caesar...
biggrin.gif
I'm with ya Michelle ... let's roll down there and crash the party! Hey Rev are you sandbagging on the pool thing? Didn't somebody on this board say you were a shark? Gotta find that post
smile.gif
... and what off season ... I know you ride year round in Tampa man !! Anyway congrats on the new entertainment system ... ain't technology grand!?
Sandbagging?  Me?  Heh... No...  I'm really pretty horrible...  I used to do alot of sandbaggin with my old hot rod though, they ask is it stock?  I'd answer "Yup, and shes not really running right either, see how it barely idles?"

As for the off season...  Yeah believe it or not, I really won't ride without the gear, and summer time in Florida is just too damn hot to be out there.  I know, I know I'm a wuss. But, I grew up in Colorado up above Boulder.  We're talking summer highs in the 80s with NO humidity to speak of, so the heat and humidity down here really kicks my ass...  Been 4 years down here and I still cannot hack it.  Once your sitting at a light and you start feeling like your burst into flame...  it's time to just chill out, literally.  I mean the bike is entertainment for me, so I try to make sure I am actually having fun while out there.  SO, yeah... Summer is sort of my off season...  the occasional Raider ride, and evening, otherwise I just sort of lay low...

OK ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A GOOD DEAL ON A BOSE SYSTEM?  *HACK-HAWAII-HAckCough*  
smile.gif
Nah.. I made the mistake of going Bose and my bro bought a new Sony receiver with Klipsch speakers.. for about 1/3 the price I spent.

Get the Sony 770W 7.1 Channel receiver (STR-DE995 ~$500) or the Yamaha 980W 7.1 Channel receiver (HTR-5790 ~$800), a Klipsch subwoofer (220W for $400, 440W for $500), the Klipsch Synergy Quintet speaker system for the center and 4 surround speakers (~$400), and 2 front Klipsch floor speakers ($250-425 each, depending on the model).

If you're looking for a good price/performance, get the Sony receiver $500, the 220W Klipsch subwoofer $400, and the Klipsch Synergy Quintet surround $400. You'll get 5.1 surround sound (7.1 isn't supported yet anyway as separate channels - just add two more Klipsch floor speakers when it is..) that will sound just as good as any Bose system for about half the price $1300.

If you want overall performance.. where price isn't as much of a factor? Get the Yamaha receiver $800, 440W Klipsch subwoofer $500, Klipsch SC-3 Center Channel Speaker $350, and 6 Klipsch SF-3 Floor Speakers at $425 each. It'll take up a little more space and cost a little more than the Bose system, but it WILL sound better.. at $4,200.

I worked at Best Buy for awhile and installed home theater systems in some nice Orlando neighborhoods.. I'd definately go Klipsch & Sony/Yamaha for my next system.

si.

PS.. know of a Ninja 250/500 for sale in central FL at a decent price? I'm lookin for a bike for my girl to learn on..

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

smile.gif

SILENCER you are reading my mind... I am leaning more towards componants now. I'm looking at a Sony ES 7.1 Reciever, and I have yet to decide on speakers. I am a big fan of Bose though, pricey yes, but the Lifestyle system I have has served me well for about 4 years now and it's just the lack of scalability and digital inputs thats got me considering componants. I have an older Sony ES reciever that I bought about 11 years ago that has been abused and thrashed without complaint so I am a huge ES fan. I have heard too many negative things about standard Sony but from experiance I trust their ES line to be durable and of good quality.
Speaker wise... I am torn... I dig Klipsch but I keep going back to the Carver Sunfire Subwoofer, and then matching some complementary surround and front speakers... I like compact size... but I also like accurate reproduction and the ability to trully "FEEL" the music... We'll see... I am prolly going to be hunting after componants...

Ninja 250/500 huh, nope I haven't seen any but down here you shouldn't have a problem finding one... Good luck and thanks for the input...sorta reinforced where I was headed...

I bought the hubby that same Sony 7.1 Receiver for Christmas, and he loves it! We still need to upgrade our speakers, but I'll put up one vote for Sony components for the money...
smile.gif

Oh, and I bought it online...beat the hell out of prices at Circuit City and Best Buy...

I bought the hubby that same Sony 7.1 Receiver for Christmas, and he loves it!  We still need to upgrade our speakers, but I'll put up one vote for Sony components for the money...
smile.gif

Oh, and I bought it online...beat the hell out of prices at Circuit City and Best Buy...
Yeah the prices I mentioned were the standard retail prices (Best Buy / Circuit City).. and you can definately do better online. The Klipsch Synergy Quintet surround system is awesome.. they're small and compact, but they're larger than the Bose so they give ya the extra 'umph' that the Bose just don't quite put out. It's 4 surrounds and a center channel at about 100w per channel RMS power. Just add a pair of Klipsch bookshelf or floor speakers for your 7.1 surround. I got my dad the 700w Sony home theater in a box for x-mas and it's a very nice system. About $550 online shipped and it does sound very nice - not quite as nice as the Klipsch Quintets but it's damn close for less money. That's a 700W Sony receiver, 5 surround speakers, a 150? watt subwoofer, and a 5 disk progressive scan DVD player for $550.
smile.gif

si.

smile.gif

HA HA HA!!! WELL Folks, You know how sometimes you go out and drop a little money on something, and then sorta get that feeling that maybe you shouldn't have?

Well I apparantly cursed my wife and I, while buying the TV I even commented to her, "Now watch, the A/C will crap out and well have to shell out $6K for that... He he... Fatefull words from me... Yup, Friday evening, I notice it's a little warm in the ole' house... A/C is blowing but its not cold... Hmmm, I flip the breakers, check for ice, everything... Bottom line? NO A/C all weekend, hopefully today It'll get squared away with just a little refrigerant but I dunno... Might be time for a new Trane...
sad.gif

Grrr.... At least the TV purchase was the wifes Idea, You know, cause she cannot burn me on it now...
biggrin.gif
Nothing would be worse than if I had been hounding her to get this thing then have the A/C sh!t the Bed... I wouldn't hear the end of it...
laugh.gif

Back